Creatine question

48LawsOfPower

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Trying to wade through the endless amounts of threads in the search area or reading the millions of reviews on Bulk Nutrition is getting me no closer to sorting through the 100s of kinds of Creatines on the market. Can someone tell me a good productve creatine for a good price? I would appreciate it. This past month I just used this Body Fortress crap I got at Wal-Mart, but it just tasted like sugary kool-aid and didnt do anything for me but keep me up at night. Any input would be appreciated.

I have been using EAS Advent Edge HP. Its straight Creatine Monohydrate. I get it at a local Hy Vee grocery store in the healthfood/natural section for $11.00 @ 300g. Hy Vee stores are located around the mid-west.

http://www.hy-vee.com/

Winters said:
I have been using EAS Advent Edge HP. Its straight Creatine Monohydrate. I get it at a local Hy Vee grocery store in the healthfood/natural section for $11.00 @ 300g. Hy Vee stores are located around the mid-west.

http://www.hy-vee.com/
I've also been using simple creatine monohydrate, cheap and seems to be pretty damn effective, I can't recommend a supplier as I'm over here in England but it should'nt be too hard to find.

I've used EAS and liked their stuff. Right now, I like Muscle-Link's Creasol. It's a good product with a pretty decent price. You can probably find it through most of the online supplement warehouses.

I use Bulk Nutrition's Creatine Ethyl Ester HCl.

It's very cheap, and i'm very please with it.

Max pro krea-alkaline pay the cost to be the boss

BSN CellMass is pretty good, it has CEE (newest form of Creatine) & glutamine.

Don't remember how much it cost's, but GNC's pro performance regular creatine monohydrate kicks ass.

fat_wilhelm said:
BSN Cellmass is a popular product. I've been using it for a bit, along w/ NO-Explode and I like it. After researching, I'm pretty sure Mass Nutrition has the best price on all BSN products.

http://www.massnutrition.com/categories.cfm?cur_man=BSN

Of course, for the price, you can't go wrong w/ a straight-up monohydrate, like Iron-Tek. I've used it before, too, w/ good results.

http://www.advantagesupplements.com/irescreatmon.html

Gonna keep an eye on that store. That price is better than DPS (at least for the BSN). I might add it to the "Where to Buy" thread.

Is it better to take creatine bofore or after your workout? I've heard both, but which is more optimal?

farmboy said:
Is it better to take creatine bofore or after your workout? I've heard both, but which is more optimal?

there are, to my knowledge different kinds of creatin:

Old school creatine which you use regular to charge up the body with creatine. (kreatin monohydrat? this you take over the day, and also before and after training
Creatine of the second generation: creatinepuryvat wich has an emmidiate effect. (no charging up needed) a dose preworkout.
Creatine of the third generation: kreatinpuryvat with some beta-aminopropionat and bikarbonat wich boosts the effect even further. Use preworkout

Oh and by the way, swedes invented creatine :D

Madmick said:
Gonna keep an eye on that store. That price is better than DPS (at least for the BSN). I might add it to the "Where to Buy" thread.

Madmick,

In addition, if it matters, I received my stuff from Mass Nutrition w/in two days of ordering, so they seem to be on the ball.

screwdriver, bloody mary, ore long island ice tea,

non citrus juice -- grape is good. i've always just used water, though. can't go wrong w/ the h20.

this, of course, only applies if you don't have the above-mentioned handy.

farmboy said:

It's best to take creatine with 30g of dextrose, and since you don't want to ingest that much sugar before or during your workout (all at once), it's better to take creatine after you workout: with your carb/protein shake.

Thanks, Madmick. That's what I had planned. I was just looking for confirmation. You are definately one of the guys that I really trust around here.

try sniffing your creatine pre workout, it will realy get you moving.

CEE seems to be the in thing just now. i keep it simple and take reflex creatine with grapefruit juice for the added effect. eas phosphagen is also a good creatine supp in the market, cheap ad does the job.

Back