Creatine & L-Glutamine

farmboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been looking into starting on creatine, and found a creatine/l-glutamine combo, 50% each. Would this be a good idea to help with my weight training? Or should I just go for straight creatine? Or would I be wasting my money either way?

waste of money either way. creatine is proven to be a sales gimmick. if you have a well balanced diet & exercise regularly you will see the best results.

Ok, thanks. I don't know much about the nutrition field, so that's why I have to ask, and when you see so many adds so this and that, it's hard to tell what's fact and what's fiction. I guess that's what research is for. Thanks, again.

blownards said:
waste of money either way. creatine is proven to be a sales gimmick. if you have a well balanced diet & exercise regularly you will see the best results.
wheres the proof for that

Do a search if you want the best discussion on these products. A few people have taken the time to write up quite a bit on them and I bet they are too lazy to redo it every week when these questions come up.

Secondly, blownards is simply wrong.

Is blownards the guy that recommended drinking 5,000+ calories of ice cream-filled shakes each day?

Ah, so I should definitely take his advice, then? Who doesn't love ice cream?

I have used both products with success. However, I recommend taking the creatine before the workout, and the glutamine post-workout for recovery.

i take creatine and glutamine with my post training drink. since doing this i have recovered much better and really believe in these 2. if it came down to a choice between the 2 though i would go for glutamine.

people who say that creatine helped them are full of shit liars. it's clinically proven that creatine does nothing for muscle gain or recovery. end of story.

I've read on Bodybuilding.com that glutamin & creatine shouldn't be taken at the same time because they compete for the same receptors. I take the glutamine w/ my protein shake about 20 mins after workout, then I take creatine about 40 mins after that (about 1 hr after workout).

blownards said:
people who say that creatine helped them are full of shit liars. it's clinically proven that creatine does nothing for muscle gain or recovery. end of story.

Thats the dumbest post I've read.

You must be the new Sherdog expert.

Im Chad...nice to meet you.

Creatine has been proven thru many studies to be of benefit to the muscle gains. It doesn't 'create muscle' but it creates the environment in which the user can put more activity on the muscle, thus increasing gains.

Creatine is a very good investment. Glutamine is a decent endeavor, but the verdict is still out on that.

What is the product? Post a link and I'll let you know if its worth it.

Chad Hamilton said:
Thats the dumbest post I've read.

You must be the new Sherdog expert.

Im Chad...nice to meet you.

well chad, you need to get out more.

blownards said:
http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/uploads/wmj/101-2-McGuine.pdf

do your homework & make sure it's peer reviewed. most sites that claim creatine has proven benefits will also sell it. don't be a retard, think about it.

I don't get your point in linking this study. That study claims that their research showed that "In addition, creatine has been shown to increase weight gain in both short- and long-term supplementation". It goes on to mention the danger of dehydration, which anyone who's studied creatine research knows they should up their water intake while on it.

What creatine does is pull water into the muscles and up ATP production giving you more energy and allowing you to push harder when lifting. This means more intense, heavy lifting. Intense, heavy lifting = size. I've only been using creatine for 2 weeks now, but I've already added 30 lbs. to my bench press and 45 lbs. to my squats. I never experienced rapid strength gains like that before using creatine and I haven't changed my workout at all since about 2 weeks before starting to use it.

Is creatine some miracle supplement that will make you huge in 2 weeks? Of course, not. But from my own experience, it's a beneficial supplement that has helped me do things I couldn't do before using it.

Oh, and no, I don't sell it or any other supplements either.

Back