Creatine and Insomnia

Hey, I was wondering if anyone on this forum to use creatine as a supplement? If so, then you notice any side effects? From my experience, I noticed that it is extremely difficult to fall asleep, and when I have a shallow sleep and wake up tired, and worrying, and a rapid heartbeat.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone on this forum to use creatine as a supplement? If so, then you notice any side effects? From my experience, I noticed that it is extremely difficult to fall asleep, and when I have a shallow sleep and wake up tired, and worrying, and a rapid heartbeat.

Are you sure it's JUST creatine you're taking in your supplement?

Creatine isn't psychoactive or a stimulant so these experiences are strange. Most of the known side effects are things like stomachaches and water retention.

Check your supplement to make sure there are no other active ingredients in your creatine supplement (yes I know this suggestion didn't pan out last time).

Update:
Yea, I tried Green Magnitude for 3 days and it made my sleep somewhat more difficult. To be honest, I am not sure what is going on... I thought it was my MSM for a time, as that is a known culprit of Insomnia. It could be the fact that I am finishing up a course of accutane this week and the creatine is just dehydrating my body too much. So anyway, I bought some fish oil and am just taking protein 2x a day now. I finish accutane later this week, so maybe next week I will give the green mag a go.
I am still suprised that it has this effect on me, because when I take Anabolic OD I sleep even better, and when I took Torrent I was sleeping fine as well. Maybe it is the fact that torrent only has 3 g of creatine as opposed to 5.

This happened to a friend after taking a particular type of creatine in the afternoon.

Turns out the blend he was taking had tourine in it, which is basically caffine. Great for training - terrible for sleep.

Have it in the mornings or switch to a blend that is pure creatine.

Back