Crazy Town Frontman "Shifty Shellshock" Dead at 49

Joe Mama

Tin Foil Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seth Binzer the lead singer and co-founder of the rap rock band Crazy Town -- has died.

Better known by his stage name Shifty Shellshock, Binzer passed away Monday at a residence in L.A., according to the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of death.

Known for their mega hit "Butterfly" and their less successful follow up "Drowning" from the Darkhorse album, Crazytown went through a few lineup changes over the years before their final album "The Brimstone Sluggers" was released in 2015.

In 2017, co-frontman Bret "Epic" Mazur left the band along with several other members, only to be replaced by Bobby Reeves. In 2023, Crazytown was kicked off of the tour with Hed PE in a backstage altercation between Binzer and Reeves.

"I want my money, I love you..."
Epico man..

Don't do drugs kids.
Fuck that noise.

Do lots of drugs (in moderation) and live the fuck out of life. Its only temporary.

Just like Joe Elliott said - Its better to burn out, than to fade away.

one hit wonder
Eh, yes and no...

Butterfly definitely was their 'poppy sensation' that crossed several musical genres, but they definitely had a couple of other radio rotations in the mix.

Toxic was played quite a bit, and on their follow up effort, Drowning was supposed to be the next 'hit'. Of course neither of those charted and had the success that Butterfly did so I guess in that sense you are correct.

I still never bought (or stole) one of their albums though I played them quite a bit.

Back