• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crazy if Max beats Illia only to lose to Volk again..

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Crazy because maybe he just has max’s number..

Maybe Volk is just old?

But its crazy is Volk beats max after beating Illia, then only to lose again to Illia, crazy.

Especially after what Max just AND if her were to beat Illia, Volk just swoops in.

Crazy.

Not too crazy. Topuria lost the first round to Volk and then chinned him. Could be a case of Volk just doesn't have the chin to go 5 rounds with Topuria but maybe Max does.

Not too crazy. Topuria lost the first round to Volk and then chinned him. Could be a case of Volk just doesn't have the chin to go 5 rounds with Topuria but maybe Max does.

Not really an accurate account of what happened. Round 1 was competitive and while Volk edged it, and for sure the jab was giving Ilia trouble, he was beginning to time Volk and land some heavy shots that you really saw Volk react to. It felt like Topuria was dialing in. That said, Volks getting old, he's 1-3 in his last 4, was knocked dead twice and the other time was a 5 round war vs Islam where he was rocked a couple times. I wouldn't count on him beating Holloway this time around either.

Not really an accurate account of what happened. Round 1 was competitive and while Volk edged it, and for sure the jab was giving Ilia trouble, he was beginning to time Volk and land some heavy shots that you really saw Volk react to. It felt like Topuria was dialing in. That said, Volks getting old, he's 1-3 in his last 4, was knocked dead twice and the other time was a 5 round war vs Islam where he was rocked a couple times. I wouldn't count on him beating Holloway this time around either.

Or he could come back and decision Max again, who isn't known for having power. Volk has never had the best chin, just because he got KO'd by Topuria doesn't necessarily mean it's gone. Even pre title run Mendes almost chinned him.

Or he could come back and decision Max again, who isn't known for having power. Volk has never had the best chin, just because he got KO'd by Topuria doesn't necessarily mean it's gone. Even pre title run Mendes almost chinned him.
35+ years old

+

Getting headkicked by Islam

+

Getting knocked limp by Topuria

+
Spending the last 3 yearsr going up in weight, back down, back up and then back down again

=

He's pretty nowhere near what he used to be at this point.

the Volk that fought Ilia would lose to Max in my opinion. he was slow and looked like he was sparring. he brings that kind of lackadaisical performance vs Max and he'll lose. hell, he almost lost when he was dialed in vs Max the 2nd time, an out of prime Volk is getting roasted by Max.

I wouldn't bet on Volk to beat Max again, and we'd have to see how Ilia looks if Max beats him. He kind of seems like the type of fighter that's very reliant on being extremely confident, and if Max whoops him and makes him 2nd guess himself, I could see him turning into a win some/lose some guy after that.

I know Max's been showing some power lately but I don't really view him as a KO striker. I don't think he has the 1 shot KO power to ever beat Volk unless Volk willingly swings blindly like Justin or KZ..

Volk is faster than Max so he tends to be always 1 step ahead of Max

Maybe Volk is just old?

But its crazy is Volk beats max after beating Illia, then only to lose again to Illia, crazy.

Especially after what Max just AND if her were to beat Illia, Volk just swoops in.

Crazy.
The only solution, now that UFC and WWE are under one umbrella, is

A triple threat match!

0dc28f53d30c8476f2a32f82eb1733114029fea6.gifv

Volk's coach/team NEVER shoulda let him fight so soon after his surgery.
It's crazy how much Volk's legacy was diminished by the back-to-back KO losses.

People are saying Volk looked slower vs Ilia. He looked pretty much the same to me. He came back before he had time to recover from that head kick KO. Now, it will be a question as to whether his chin is cracked. All because he took the Islam rematch too early.

Volk's coaches need to make sure he is healthy and before he fights again.

Don’t care to see Volk come back and get an immediate title shot, he should have to take another fight first.
Yup, he needs to earn it.

He got two free TS at LW. With the first one causing an Interim Title to be created at FW. He was finished by Topuria. He needs to win a fight before a TS, imo. These instant rematches suck. Move on.

... He kind of seems like the type of fighter that's very reliant on being extremely confident, and if Max whoops him and makes him 2nd guess himself, I could see him turning into a win some/lose some guy after that.

Every fighter, kinda?

I like the ones who take a loss and really show up the very next fight.

To me, that's the gig. They lose, and the next time you see them, they are fighting to finish.

Everyone else is talking about "my performance."

Also, I submit:
"Styles make fights" is exactly the same as "He's got his number."

2 cents.

I know Max's been showing some power lately but I don't really view him as a KO striker. I don't think he has the 1 shot KO power to ever beat Volk

Max has already knocked Volkanovski down twice. In their second fight, he dropped him in Round 1 and Round 2.

Volk is faster than Max so he tends to be always 1 step ahead of Max

Always? Ummm.. reaction time slows as you age out of your athletic prime. Volkanovski turns 36 in a few months. He is out of his prime and his reaction time has declined and it will continue to get worse and worse. Max is 32 and still has several prime years in front of him.

Always? Ummm.. reaction time slows as you age out of your athletic prime. Volkanovski turns 36 in a few months. He is out of his prime and his reaction time has declined and it will continue to get worse and worse. Max is 32 and still has several prime years in front of him.
Several usually means 3+. I doubt he has more than 2 after all the wars he has been through.

Maybe Volk is just old?

Crazy.
If Max beats Topuria they won't make the Volk fight again.

The fucking nonsense you read about a fighter who's lost to a fighter not once, not twice but three times.

Volk's better than Max and always has been, get the fuck over it already, good grief.

Back