Craziest KO Power in MMA History

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who do you think has the craziest KO power? What fighter had you on the edge of your seat anticipating a crazy KO that seemed inevitable? For me it was close between JDS and Shane Carwin but I went with Carwin. Even with his fight with Brock it seemed like any punch that landed was about to knock the person out. JDS has a great stand-up but he usually set them but with combos but Carwin just had some crazy power. I wish he would come back to fight but he's too old for that. Another notable fighter is Dan Henderson who I have a similar feeling about. Even when he was getting dominated by Shogun I had this odd feeling that the KO was inevitable.

When Cawin was in the cage swinging those canned hams around it always felt like it was just a matter of time till he put someone's lights out.

The punches of Igor "Ice Cold" Vovchanchyn were like nothing else I've ever seen in MMA. Maybe he's not the hardest hitter of all time, but they were thrown with such lethal intent they are the #1 scariest punches in MMA history for me.

The punches of Igor "Ice Cold" Vovchanchyn were like nothing else I've ever seen in MMA. Maybe he's not the hardest hitter of all time, but they were thrown with such lethal intent they are the #1 scariest punches in MMA history for me.

Igor looks like he is punching hard, but Carwin looked like he was just punching people and they just happened to fall apart.

Has to be carwin , a few times it looked like he knocked someone out with a 6" punch

carwin in terms of absolute power

gomi, chuck and hendo in terms of winging missiles

carwin looked like he was throwing feeler punches and knocked people out by accident

Manhoef and Carwin I would say. Chuck in his day had some big power. H-bomb is up there to.

Every name said so far is great. I have to throw in Hendricks. If I didn't know better I'd say the punch that KO'd Kampmann was a fix, but goddamn it Kampmann's head bounced around hard from that shot. No fix their, just ungodly power.

Fighting Shane Carwin was the equivalent of stepping into the cage with a gorilla.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back