Craig Ferguson was the GOAT late night talk show host and it's really not close

Truth. I still play some of his old segments in the background for a laugh. Dude had a way of bringing the best out in his guests. Especially comedians and women.

Goddam I need to date an English girl.

Dave was always my favorite over the years, dating back to when I was a kid in the 90s.

That said, Ferguson was undeniably very entertaining. Was bummed when he left the air. You could tell late night had lost something when he was gone.

Don’t know why he left. I understand he’d been on quite a while and it’s grueling work but I wasn’t sure if there was a specific reason beyond that.

Ferguson left because he was Dave Letterman's protege and Dave himself wanted Craig to take over his show when Dave left. But then CBS gave it to Colbert

Ferguson left because he was Dave Letterman's protege and Dave himself wanted Craig to take over his show when Dave left. But then CBS gave it to Colbert

Ughh that makes sense- didn’t even put two and two together there.

That’s too bad. That succession stuff is always so political.

He was fantastic, but they are all disciples to the godfather and GOAT:

carsoncolor.jpg

No he didn't. Craig had already put in his notice to quit before Dave quit.

I didn't like CF at first; but, after awhile, I thought he was the best.

Conan is my guy, but much hespect to Craig, he’s probably my #2. Funny and cool, with real depth. Not a stiff or a tryhard. The interviews felt like real conversations.

All of mentioning Carson mean Carson Daly right??

Back