Craig Ferguson was the GOAT late night talk show host and it's really not close

Truth. I still play some of his old segments in the background for a laugh. Dude had a way of bringing the best out in his guests. Especially comedians and women.

Dave was always my favorite over the years, dating back to when I was a kid in the 90s.

That said, Ferguson was undeniably very entertaining. Was bummed when he left the air. You could tell late night had lost something when he was gone.

Don’t know why he left. I understand he’d been on quite a while and it’s grueling work but I wasn’t sure if there was a specific reason beyond that.

Geoff held him together. He's falling apart without him.

Really, I loved the energy he brought to his shows.

Come on man. He was mostly before my time, but Carson is the unquestioned GOAT.

Late Night Conan, Late Night Dave, Carson, Space Ghost, and Eric Andre are my favorites.
Craig deserved better than to be passed over for Colbert (who has become lifeless). He was one of the best conversationalists for sure, his monologue and skits and characters weren't great, but he was A+ at holding conversations with guests.

Can he be the goat, when I think of Kilgore every time i hear his name? Dunno why

NBC Conan with the insult comic dog, Yr 2000, I forget other gimmicks is GOAT. He much funnier than all before and all since.

yeah he was a gem...theres so many great guests he had i cant think of a favourite.

thank god for youtube

Craigs style of interviews were great. He got people to open up and had a way with the ladies.

One of the GOAT monologues.

Late Night Conan, Late Night Dave, Carson, Space Ghost, and Eric Andre are my favorites.
Craig deserved better than to be passed over for Colbert (who has become lifeless). He was one of the best conversationalists for sure, his monologue and skits and characters weren't great, but he was A+ at holding conversations with guests.
Craig was done with the show and wanted to move on to something else.

Last edited:
absolutely brilliant. It was incredible how quick witted the man was and his ability to come up with shit on the fly.

Usually with talk shows i like certain parts. Like for example i didnt care for Kimmels monologue but loved his skits. Or i liked conans remotes over this interviews but ferguson made the format hilarious all the way through.

He's a beast of a conversational interviewer. Also perfect for YouTube

Craigs style of interviews were great. He got people to open up and had a way with the ladies.

One of the GOAT monologues.

Craig was done with the show and wanted to move on to something else.

Profound, transparent, genuine, non-judgemental and funny all in one. Good stuff.

You can't beat Letterman with norm McDonald on

Ferguson deserved the slot instead of this fake nice guy character Colbert, how the hell did Colbert get Letterman slot, Ferguson was a real one he isn't a try hard like Colbert, he is an old school mans man type, and very witty and charismatic host

I miss his show. He always had entertaining content, was quick witted and was always a pro with the ladies.

I never watched the guy for whatever reason. Conan is the go for me though.

Back