Cowboy stops this overrated Gaethje guy

There's nothing wrong with this dude, I love Gaethje and I think what you're saying is perfectly fine.

I also don't go from a fan bias or dislike etc.. either, I always keep it neutral and say honestly whether that's in favour or not it's because it's genuine if you get what I mean :)

However, I can understand there has been hype behind Gaethje that people can't get onto yet which is absolutely fine, to be honest I prefer my fave fighters to not have the hype behind them because it eliminates all this but it's inevitable at times.

About the competing with Khabib thing, it really is because Gaethje does have a very good elite wrestling background and this is something that you at least need in your arsenal to be in with a good chance of beating Khabib, reason being is most fighters don't have that much or long enough experience to be able to tackle this and keep Khabib off, specially in 5 rounds which is why that no matter how good they are they end up on the floor being mauled by Khabib which then takes so much out of them and then they end up getting taken down easier and easier pretty much sitting on floor completely knackered.

Now, if someone had good/better TD defence this would be less likely hence why these kinda fighters need to fight Khabib and why Justin's name is thrown in the mix.

Another you could add to this is Gregor Gillespie, it's just he isn't as active and he's not among the top either (if he was, this would be amazing) where as all the people at the top all have a good chance (all those fighters do) but the likelihood of repeating what we've seen with other opponents is much higher than what it is with someone who does have this elite wrestling background like Gaethje, Gillespie etc...

The thing is Gaethje doesn't use it in the UFC and I have no idea how much he's kept up with this training wise, if he has then great but if not well he's probably just going to end up looking no different than Khabib's other opponents, but he's the best bet we've got in the division right now from that angle and perspective :)

This is why it's mentioned quite often however I get it when people aren't really feeling the hype and honestly, for me it's completely fine as we all have different vibes and it's what makes things interesting :)

That's not saying Gaethje would beat Khabib for me personally and being like "Oh they need throw Gaethje in cause he can smash him", I'm not that naive to know Khabib has every chance to maul Gaethje the same way he has everyone else and it's also likely but it's the kind of fight he needs and it's also where that element of chance and surprise is more likely because Khabib is pretty much untested in this regard or at least he's had it in his favour more so than not.

I hope this helps anyway in regards to my perspectives ha :)
"The thing is Gaethje doesn't use it in the UFC and I have no idea how much he's kept up with this training wise, if he has then great but if not well he's probably just going to end up looking no different than Khabib's other opponents, but he's the best bet we've got in the division right now from that angle and perspective"

He wont have a choice but to use it against khabib...And G does have a lightning quick sprawl if nothing else...

If Eddie Alvarez can knock you out then Cowboy certainly can too. I think it's Cowboy's fight to lose. If he fights smart I think he's got this.

It's very Possible. Hasn't justin lost twice I'm the ufc already?
giphy.gif

do bronx

I’m only correcting you because that is the strangest stage name and I want someone to explain what it means.

He said it was they called him at his gym 'He's the kid from the ghetto' and they call they ghetto 'Do Bronx'.

Has anyone undertaken to verify the trust-fund story? Does Cerrone really fight so often just cause he’s awesome?
He said it himself
I respect him for fighting so often, but he's a complete douche (Green called him out)
Here's a quote (from another thread)
"Obviously, I had some bad blood with Cerrone, but I'm a company dude, you know? I was originally meant to face Abel Trujillo, then I get a fight with Masvidal and then Cerrone. It felt like I was getting rag dolled. I'm the little guy, this doesn't happen to Jones or Cerrone. I'm just trying to get money. I'm good. Cerrone feels like he is untouchable, he is just the most obnoxious asshole I've ever met. He was so rude and all that, saying 'you don't want to strike with me' and all that. He said some racist stuff, like 'you know how black people like to steal,' and this was in front of like loads of people. I was laughing it off, but the real dude inside of me was like 'I don't let that shit slide.' He was being obnoxious, he was groping every woman in this place. They got husbands and boyfriends and he was just groping these girls in front of them. He was grabbing these girls' asses like 'what are they gonna do to me.' He disrespected me and I really don't like him now. It's my time to get even with him."

By awesome, I only meant fight frequency. I’m as racist as they come, but that remark was fucked up.

You’re the type of weirdo who would complain about Arturo gattis fighting style

I got Cowboy. Just can't get on the JG train
Don't get me wrong, he is exciting, and I don't miss his fights.

It's just that his strikes absorbed per minute being so much higher than his strikes landed per minute doesn't seem like a recipe for continuing success while fighting the elites.

Hahahahaa.....

Blew the gatekeeper away as expected.

Back