Cowboy stops this overrated Gaethje guy

Gaethje P4P most entertaining fighter in the UFC, he gets the KO once more.

Love me some Cowboy but I don't think so.

Bookmarked this thread for future shaming. I love Cowboy, but this is horrible matchup for him. I'll be surprised if Cowboy survives the 1st round.

After first couple - few 155ers, light weight division becomes so subjective. I'm just not a gaejthe guy .He has not impressed me in context to press clippings .His last fight was best and maybe it's a matter of getting early UFC setbacks out of way and I'll change my mind but right now I'd put my money on champ, dustin( agsin), Ferguson, conor( who I cant stand ), the filled out da bronx we see now, I would put money on Felder . I see him closer to like 8 -10.
Again, just one mans opinion...... which could change- especially if he starts to game plan fights and he can still throw in a splash of his fan friendly fight style.

You weren't impressed with the Alvarez and Poirier matches? They were both FOTY caliber and I think rematches would be toss ops ups. Eddie was one leg kick from being done.

And then when Gaethje wins you're probably going to start knocking Cowboy. saying "Oh he's old" or past his prime or something or other then continue to knock and discredit Gaethje.

Also, you must be an elite wrestler, where's Dana White, sign this dude.

donald-cerrone-539-left30.png
by tko

After first couple - few 155ers, light weight division becomes so subjective. I'm just not a gaejthe guy .He has not impressed me in context to press clippings .His last fight was best and maybe it's a matter of getting early UFC setbacks out of way and I'll change my mind but right now I'd put my money on champ, dustin( agsin), Ferguson, conor( who I cant stand ), the filled out da bronx we see now, I would put money on Felder . I see him closer to like 8 -10.
Again, just one mans opinion...... which could change- especially if he starts to game plan fights and he can still throw in a splash of his fan friendly fight style.
do bronx

I’m only correcting you because that is the strangest stage name and I want someone to explain what it means.

Cowboy is more than technical enough to put Justin out. Just gotta protect himself from those body shots.

I want to see Cowboy try and take him down, really test his TDD

I wont be surprised at all if Cerrone wins. Gaejthe is not a top 5 155er even though number next to his name says otherwise.
Just my opinion. I mean- not betting fight , either, just I'm not on this gaejthe can compete with khabib train.

There's nothing wrong with this dude, I love Gaethje and I think what you're saying is perfectly fine.

I also don't go from a fan bias or dislike etc.. either, I always keep it neutral and say honestly whether that's in favour or not it's because it's genuine if you get what I mean :)

However, I can understand there has been hype behind Gaethje that people can't get onto yet which is absolutely fine, to be honest I prefer my fave fighters to not have the hype behind them because it eliminates all this but it's inevitable at times.

About the competing with Khabib thing, it really is because Gaethje does have a very good elite wrestling background and this is something that you at least need in your arsenal to be in with a good chance of beating Khabib, reason being is most fighters don't have that much or long enough experience to be able to tackle this and keep Khabib off, specially in 5 rounds which is why that no matter how good they are they end up on the floor being mauled by Khabib which then takes so much out of them and then they end up getting taken down easier and easier pretty much sitting on floor completely knackered.

Now, if someone had good/better TD defence this would be less likely hence why these kinda fighters need to fight Khabib and why Justin's name is thrown in the mix.

Another you could add to this is Gregor Gillespie, it's just he isn't as active and he's not among the top either (if he was, this would be amazing) where as all the people at the top all have a good chance (all those fighters do) but the likelihood of repeating what we've seen with other opponents is much higher than what it is with someone who does have this elite wrestling background like Gaethje, Gillespie etc...

The thing is Gaethje doesn't use it in the UFC and I have no idea how much he's kept up with this training wise, if he has then great but if not well he's probably just going to end up looking no different than Khabib's other opponents, but he's the best bet we've got in the division right now from that angle and perspective :)

This is why it's mentioned quite often however I get it when people aren't really feeling the hype and honestly, for me it's completely fine as we all have different vibes and it's what makes things interesting :)

That's not saying Gaethje would beat Khabib for me personally and being like "Oh they need throw Gaethje in cause he can smash him", I'm not that naive to know Khabib has every chance to maul Gaethje the same way he has everyone else and it's also likely but it's the kind of fight he needs and it's also where that element of chance and surprise is more likely because Khabib is pretty much untested in this regard or at least he's had it in his favour more so than not.

I hope this helps anyway in regards to my perspectives ha :)

Gaethje isn't overrated, but I do think Cowboy stops him

rooting for cowboy. mainly so gaethje doesn't a title shot and goes back to the end of the line.

lol

How do people not see this is a gimme fight for Gaehtje. Cowboy allergic to pressure. Justin is all pressure.

This is Diaz Pettis all over. Dumbasses

I love Cerrone but he is going to get destroyed in this fight. He has fought too many times for too long and he is now looking way past his prime. If he gets flattened he should hang 'em up and avoid any more hits to the head. He's got nothing more to prove.

Cerrone KO'd Gaethje in sparring years ago.
He has no fight IQ.
And his wrestling is as good as mines.
Gaethje is overrated confirmed.

giphy.gif
Cowboy has too much of a tendency to be lazy....He could but G doesnt go down easy and as evidenced by past big losses G gets to later rounds by hook or by crook....Gotta go with G on this one...
hickory-wood-logs-1-12-cu-ft-case.jpg

It's very Possible. Hasn't justin lost twice I'm the ufc already?

Back