Cowboy Cerrone Hints at McGregor vs Cowboy Headlining UFC 236 or 239

I'll watch from an entertainment standpoint, but the fight is dumb for Conor. Risk with no reward. Means nothing for the division.
Why is everyone caught up in the whole what's good for the division or what Conor has earned. You really think Conor spends any time thinking about that? Conor wants 1) money and 2) the easiest path towards the title.

how can he when conor on his back
Cowboy doesn't have anywhere near the wrestling ability of Khabib and couldn't even hold Hernandez, Till, or Edwards down for more than 5 seconds. His ground game is great from the bottom, on top not so much. He doesn't have the frame or strength to wrestlefuck Conor

Well, it should be an action packed fight, that's for sure. It makes no sense for Conor though. This is like a tune-up fight except that Cerrone is not really a gatekeeper. Conor was looking for money fights, this is not what I would consider a money fight.

He'll get the same reward he'd get beating anyone else but Khabib.

If he beats Cerrone, he's fighting for a title.
Which makes no sense. He would have essentially ducked all the top 5 title contender killers and fight a journeyman for a shot at the title. This is why peoole dont rate conor, he is literally gifted everything.

Well, it should be an action packed fight, that's for sure. It makes no sense for Conor though. This is like a tune-up fight except that Cerrone is not really a gatekeeper. Conor was looking for money fights, this is not what I would consider a money fight.
Cerrone is the biggest name in the top ten not named Diaz or Khabib
They have “beef” from years prior aswell.
Ferguson isn’t a big name to non hardcores
If you don’t believe just look at the social media’s

I'd rather it be April. Cowboy is one of the most exciting and active fighters on the payroll. Don't put him off for 6 months.

Cowboy doesn't have anywhere near the wrestling ability of Khabib and couldn't even hold Hernandez, Till, or Edwards down for more than 5 seconds. His ground game is great from the bottom, on top not so much. He doesn't have the frame or strength to wrestlefuck Conor

people forget he a blaxck belt with many sub wins.

conor not that great on the ground so it be easier for bcowboy to keep him down.

people forget he a blaxck belt with many sub wins.

conor not that great on the ground so it be easier for bcowboy to keep him down.
He's better than Till lmao

And most of Cowboy's submissions have come from his back. Conor is not going to follow him there

If Cerrone was a smart fighter he'd take this to the ground but I'm expecting a R1 tko for Conor.

Doubt Conor holds out until July 6th

The guy looks ready to go

giphy.gif
Do you really think that’s enough time to promote a conor fight though ? They can’t announce it till April 6th a fighter can’t announce a fight till his suspension is over

Do you really think that’s enough time to promote a conor fight though ? They can’t announce it till April 6th a fighter can’t announce a fight till his suspension is over
Yes they can
Jones vs DC was announced and promoted whilst he was suspended.
Stop talking bullshit

I'll watch from an entertainment standpoint, but the fight is dumb for Conor. Risk with no reward. Means nothing for the division.

The only risk is losing, Conor will be rewarded by the well needed win. The UFC will twist everything in the division with no explanation if it means they can milk out millions from their mma golden child...

A favourable matchup where he might shine, and getting paid millions. He’s not a guy on his way up. Makes a lot of sense for him.

How on earth is fighting a bigger, taller, longer opponent with a wicked ground game favourable for Conor? Those are all attributes we've seen give him fits in the past.

Is it as unfavourable as a fight with Tony Ferguson? No, but ffs Conor's not the champion anymore. Why should he have to fight Tony Ferguson? Cowboy is a very dangerous fight and will tell us where he's at before plunging him into the title picture again.

Now if this fight is for an interim title then the ensuing complaints will be perfectly justified.

Last edited:
This is two of the top guys in the division and this fight makes alot of sense. This is a very casual friendly fight, that will bring numbers. Say what you will about Cerrone, he chokes in big fights but he always shows up ready for war.

Back