cowboy buries jackson/wink

He voiced his opinion on JRE but in reality there are two sides to every story and we heard Cowboys.

Gym breakups are never good, and shade always get thrown around. The new, larger Jackson gym they got a while back cant be cheap to run, them dudes need monthly income just as any business on the strip.

From my understanding he was giving Jackson money specifically not the gym in general. But I am welcome to being wrong here.

He said he gave Jackson Money even though he didnt even train him, i believe it was his way of paying the gym, since Jackson and Wink are partners.

He said he gave Jackson Money even though he didnt even train him, i believe it was his way of paying the gym, since Jackson and Wink are partners.

I am no gym owner so maybe that's standard practice, but that sounds like a personal business relationship between Cerrone and Jackson not a business relationship between Cerrone and the larger Jackson/Winklejohn organisation.

Or are business partners operating MMA gyms treated as separate private contractors between themselves and individual fighters?

Didn't they lose like 30 fights in a row or something? Seems like Cerrone is right

I suggest people read the mmajunkie article to see Winkeljohn's response to Cowboy. I'm not saying he's truthful but it sure sounds a lot different. There really are two sides to every story. Then there's the truth. Why should Jackson/Wink be loyal to a guy who isn't doing much with their gym and has just been using guys from there to train in his own place?

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/donal...wink-mma-gym-puppy-mill-mike-perry-ufc-denver

Winkeljohn disputed the notion that Cerrone is no longer welcome, but he defended his decision to work with Perry. He claimed Cerrone’s behavior since starting his own gym, the BMF Ranch, has caused a deep rift at Jackson Wink.

Winkeljohn said Cerrone has for several years drawn training partners and coaches away from the gym to train at BMF, but hasn’t contributed to Jackson Wink as a consistent team presence.

“Loyalty is two sides,” the coach told MMAjunkie. “‘Cowboy’ is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He’s on his own. He does his own thing. He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”

“And by the way, of the teams that went out there, I think it’s 100 percent of people lost, because ‘Cowboy’ wants to do what he wants to do on his timeframe, and it didn’t work for the fighters that train out there at the gym. So that made our percentage look bad, because we lost a lot of fights because of it.

I am no gym owner so maybe that's standard practice, but that sounds like a personal business relationship between Cerrone and Jackson not a business relationship between Cerrone and the larger Jackson/Winklejohn organisation.

Or are business partners operating MMA gyms treated as separate private contractors between themselves and individual fighters?

I can't speak for the exact dynamic of that gym, but Cerrone was always giving his training camp fee's to Jackson even before Wink was apart of it, would be weird if he started to go through Wink, atleast thats my opinion.

But according to Cerrone he didnt train with Wink and hardly with Jackson, so i can see them choosing a guy who there working with on 1 to 1 basis over a guy whose using yhe facility

Cerrone gave money to the gym for every fight, so it isn't like Wink wasn't getting any $$ from Cerrone.

It wasnt an issue of who gave money, but of how much he got from them.

He specifically said Greg Jackson got the percentage of his fight purse and Winklejon got nothing from him because he doesn't work with Winklejon even though they are at the same gym.

The more new fighters that come into the gym, the more money Wink makes off of them. He doesn't get paid by Cerrone he gets paid by Perry.

I didn't watch the podcast but is there any chance its just some fake bullshit storyline to hype the Perry fight?

I don't think so. The article had Cerrone mentioning details too specific to be made up.

I can't speak for the exact dynamic of that gym, but Cerrone was always giving his training camp fee's to Jackson even before Wink was apart of it, would be weird if he started to go through Wink, atleast thats my opinion.

But according to Cerrone he didnt train with Wink and hardly with Jackson, so i can see them choosing a guy who there working with on 1 to 1 basis over a guy whose using yhe facility

Which is ultimately the point I am trying to make. While I think Cerrone may very well have a great point in regard to the poor gym management skills of Winklejohn, he hardly has much room to complain about Winklejohn choosing to train the person whose actually paying him when Cerrone gives him a 'me or him' ultimatum.

I suggest people read the mmajunkie article to see Winkeljohn's response to Cowboy. I'm not saying he's truthful but it sure sounds a lot different. There really are two sides to every story. Then there's the truth. Why should Jackson/Wink be loyal to a guy who isn't doing much with their gym and has just been using guys from there to train in his own place?

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/donal...wink-mma-gym-puppy-mill-mike-perry-ufc-denver

Winkeljohn disputed the notion that Cerrone is no longer welcome, but he defended his decision to work with Perry. He claimed Cerrone’s behavior since starting his own gym, the BMF Ranch, has caused a deep rift at Jackson Wink.

Winkeljohn said Cerrone has for several years drawn training partners and coaches away from the gym to train at BMF, but hasn’t contributed to Jackson Wink as a consistent team presence.

“Loyalty is two sides,” the coach told MMAjunkie. “‘Cowboy’ is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He’s on his own. He does his own thing. He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”

“And by the way, of the teams that went out there, I think it’s 100 percent of people lost, because ‘Cowboy’ wants to do what he wants to do on his timeframe, and it didn’t work for the fighters that train out there at the gym. So that made our percentage look bad, because we lost a lot of fights because of it.

good post and thanks for the Other Sides Perspective....

I wonder IF this rift gets worse IF this will hurt Cerrones Biz?? He does have an ongoing Biz at his ranch that in many ways competes with J/W mma

Winks comment that 100% Loss by Cerrones Camps???Fighters... THATS FUKD UP IF TRUE ..

I dropped in for a few days there while in town for business a few years ago, and it was a shit show. My local gym is more professional than JacksonWink. When I was there, you could pay to have a VIP vacation experience, and live in the dorms and train with the pros.

<{cruzshake}>

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...-he-ruined-jackson-wink-team#post-new-comment

having heard Both sides of the Story...

WTF?

this is edited from the original post.

Like in Politics.. Want the Truth?

FOLLOW THE $$$$ I guess....

But Cerrone sure has broke ranks with J/W mma it seems.
and. .imo if Perry can't make fight and Diego steps in ..

DIEGO IS FUKD......... again

Donald was protected like Conor in his early years. They even did a big media push on him, just the same. He was the big TAPOUT posterboy. Then he crumbled in the face of real competition.

Jackson-Wink gym turned him into a fighter for profit, now he doesn't want to give anyone else a chance. I'm glad they're chasing him out.

Donald was protected like Conor in his early years. They even did a big media push on him, just the same. He was the big TAPOUT posterboy. Then he crumbled in the face of real competition.

Jackson-Wink gym turned him into a fighter for profit, now he doesn't want to give anyone else a chance. I'm glad they're chasing him out.
thats kinda true for Most.....

hyped Until they crash and burn...

nature of the Biz

More than allow on the Property...

THEY PROTECT AND ENABLE HIS CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR....Remember Jjones got NO Jail time for Hitting and running 2x on an Injured Pregnant woman........SHAMEFULL AND TYPICAL OF JACKSON/WINK BEHAVIOR

$$$ WHORES

Spare the self-righteous 'outrage.' Fighters and every other profession for that matter have long histories of personal problems. The court system in New Mexico is another matter that has nothing to do with a gym. Jails are massively overcrowded. No one like you wants to pay more taxes to house them. With people serving time for their fifth offense, or weed, or truly horrendous violent behavior.

It was simply a matter of how the courts handled his case, and they handled it like any other first time offense. It just got more publicity, along with crybabies like you incessantly whining about it. The woman got paid big time. That was via insurance. Please take the time to educate yourself. If you want fighters to be choir boys you're following the wrong sport. You don't give a shit about the woman any way.

You got a problem? Take it up with the judge, the district attorney who agreed with the plea bargain. Educate yourself on how many drunk driving accidents there are and what the penalties are for them in the State of New Mexico. Advocate for reform. Join Mothers Against Drunk Drivers.Be sure to send lots of emails with capital letters. Good luck. Let us know it goes.

Didn't they lose like 30 fights in a row or something? Seems like Cerrone is right
How many of those were Cerrone fights though?

Back