International Covid-19 Breaking News v18: Case numbers explode in Russia, Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good hopefully schools can reopen. See so many kids here doing nothing or playing video games all day. Going to be a bunch of zombies

This idiot is suggesting people just go to work anyway and if that doesnt work then start an armed riot.

its going to lead to a lot of dead conservatives

Spain reverting back to their fascist roots. Such a shame it’s a beautiful country with great culture and delectable cuisine. I want to go back soon.:(
Franco set up things for Spain. Spain since 2006 or so has been undoing everything that has gone well since the Spanish miracle happened.

Franco set up things for Spain. Spain since 2006 or so has been undoing everything that has gone well since the Spanish miracle happened.

where you from? yes i agree largely. Though the liberation of women was overall good, I mean they couldnt even open bank account before under Franco and divorce was really hard to get. After spain liberalized but remained sensible throughout the 80s and 90s it was ideal.

Last edited:
Good hopefully schools can reopen. See so many kids here doing nothing or playing video games all day. Going to be a bunch of zombies
ever since school is out, I had to enable Apple's screen time....... they got around it in no time, but being a tech nerd, i was able to read up some hacks and cover up all the loop holes. the other method was to simply kill their wifi on their devices, but then they'd catch me in the middle of a meeting asking for wifi..................... "Screen time" has much potential, but there are many loopholes. it feels like tinkering with android to get those settings down..... my middle child had a no jailbreak, jailbreak on her ipad, trying to get around it. Home schooling is a royal mess to put it lightly.

EW36dKyU4AUCKZu

EW36dKzUYAAofrN

ever since school is out, I had to enable Apple's screen time....... they got around it in no time, but being a tech nerd, i was able to read up some hacks and cover up all the loop holes. the other method was to simply kill their wifi on their devices, but then they'd catch me in the middle of a meeting asking for wifi..................... "Screen time" has much potential, but there are many loopholes. it feels like tinkering with android to get those settings down..... my middle child had a no jailbreak, jailbreak on her ipad, trying to get around it. Home schooling is a royal mess to put it lightly.
Pmy kids are 6 and 4, so they get some TV tine and that's it. I don't think giving kids a pocket TV is a good idea. See kids at the park not playing. It's kinda sad how kids can't be kids

where you from? yes i agree largely. Though the liberation of women was overall good, I mean they couldnt even open bank account before under Franco and divorce was really hard to get. After spain liberalized but remained sensible throughout the 80s and 90s.
The US. I'm a big history nerd and my family helped found LA. Franco wasn't perfect but Spain was broken from napoleon and the carlist wars. Going in to the 30s Spain was an underdeveloped country that was highly unstable.
Tbh I think women's liberation was a mistake, but thays for a different time and thread

This idiot getting all close to this securities face. Dude should have been dropped
These guys swear they are modern day George Washington's

Looks like a coup attempt to me.

Well, you wanna see what happens in a country with a useless leader, look no further than Brazil.

'So what?': Bolsonaro shrugs off Brazil's rising coronavirus death toll
Outrage at president’s response to news that more than 5,000 people have lost their lives.

More than 5,000 Brazilians have lost their lives to the coronavirus – even more people than in China, if its official statistics are to be believed.

But on Tuesday night Brazil’s president shrugged off the news. “So what?” Jair Bolsonaro told reporters when asked about the record 474 deaths that day. “I’m sorry. What do you want me to do?”

Bolsonaro’s 11-word response – the latest in a series of remarks belittling the pandemic – sparked immediate fury. One newspaper, the Estado de Minas, stamped the president’s words on to a black front page beside Brazil’s death toll: 5,017.

“Bolsonaro isn’t just an awful politician and a bad president, he’s a despicable human being,” tweeted Marcelo Freixo, a leftwing opponent.

“My name’s Messiah,” Bolsonaro also told reporters on Tuesday, in reference to his second name, Messias. “But I can’t work miracles.”

A wave of disgust swept over social media as word of the president’s comments spread. “A sociopath,” tweeted the musician Nando Moura. “What a tragedy,” wrote the journalist Sônia Bridi.

“It’s a mockery. An insult. It is intolerable,” tweeted Mariliz Pereira Jorge, a scriptwriter and commentator.

Another critic superimposed Bolsonaro’s words on to a photograph of the muddy graves into which scores of Brazilian bodies are being deposited each day.

“Bolsonaro wants to turn Brazil into the Republic of So What,” the political commentator Bernardo Mello Franco wrote in his column on Wednesday.

The president’s son Carlos Bolsonaro claimed on Twitter that his father’s comments were being distorted by liberal journalists seeking to destroy his reputation.

Since Brazil confirmed its first coronavirus case on 26 February, Bolsonaro has continually minimised the pandemic, rejecting media “hysteria” over its dangers and suggesting Brazilians could swim in excrement and emerge unscathed.

The Trump-admiring populist has also purposefully undermined social distancing guidelines, mingling with supporters and sacking his health minister on 16 April after he publicly challenged the president’s behaviour.

Last week, Bolsonaro’s popular justice minister, Sergio Moro, resigned from government, partly as a result of the president’s anti-scientific stance on Covid-19, according to one person who knows him.

There is no escaping the scale of the tragedy unfolding in Brazil, with daily images of gravediggers in protective suits emerging from some of the worst-hit cities, including Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Recife and Manaus.

As Bolsonaro made his remarks, newspapers and television programmes filled with stories about the mothers, fathers, sons and daughters losing their lives to the pandemic.

In Rio, the victims included Ana Maria, a 56-year-old nursing assistant who had worked in one of the city’s biggest public hospitals and was laid to rest on Tuesday by men in white suits.

“She gave everything to her job until the very end,” her daughter Taina told Associated Press.

In Vila Operária, a redbrick favela to the north of Rio, at least 10 residents were reported to have died, including four members of the same family.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rugs-off-brazil-rising-coronavirus-death-toll
Uh vai morrer indeed.

Pmy kids are 6 and 4, so they get some TV tine and that's it. I don't think giving kids a pocket TV is a good idea. See kids at the park not playing. It's kinda sad how kids can't be kids
school requirement, no way around it. 11, 12, 15 have their own ipads, 2 and 4 bum mine from time to time.

school requirement, no way around it. 11, 12, 15 have their own ipads, 2 and 4 bum mine from time to time.
That sucks. Schools shouldn't be enabling kids to be on their screens all the time.
I teach and I've found that in the past ten years so many more kids are exhibiting autistic like behavior. Most of them are basically watching a screen every waking hour when not at school

If they were black they'd all be shot and killed by the police

They got 12 year old in Black Face dancing as part of the "protest"

If this happened in an arab country the media would be pushing for regime change and Western powers would have weapons delivered to these freedom fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back