Couple of BJJ vs X vids

b0b

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love those style vs. style matches

Wierd. I will try to upload again.

Both videos worked for me. It's been a while since I've seen it but I believe that these both came from Gracies in Action videos. I remember the kickboxing one except they had blurred the guys face like he was some famous kickboxer or something. The BJJ guy is Rorion.

haha, I love how one of the Hapkido guys does the splits before figting. What a clown.

n1k said:
haha, I love how one of the Hapkido guys does the splits before figting. What a clown.
Yeah - does the splits, looks cool & then gets pwned in a few seconds.

...and the grinning kickboxing guy who looks like he's appealing to the ref "Hey ref, this guy's not playing fair, coming in close & clinching so I cant hit him..."

judogido said:
...and the grinning kickboxing guy who looks like he's appealing to the ref "Hey ref, this guy's not playing fair, coming in close & clinching so I cant hit him..."

Haha, yeah totally.

Flibb said:
I love those style vs. style matches

Me too. I wish Pride or UFC would do one again like the good old days.
Here's the 16 man tournament.

1) Sambo
2) Muay Thai
3) Aikido
4) Shaolin Kung Fu
5) TKD
6) Karate
7) Judo
8) Silat
9) Krav Maga
10) Capoiera
11) BJJ
12) Hapkido
13) Wrestling
14) Jeet Kune Do
15) Boxing
16) Rex Kwon Do

They could pick a "purist" from each style (i.e. someone not cross training or previously involved in MMA) and each style would be required to wear their traditional uniforms. Oh yeah. I'd PPV that one! They'd do it over two events.

Wrestling would win via Lay and Pray decisions.

Terrier said:
Well as much as i probably agree, that's one large can of worms you've just opened there.

As with anything, it depends on the circumstances. They both have their merit and are both good at what they are used for.

those hapkido guys were really bad. I mean they knew what the jujitsu guy (rorion ?) was going to do, but they still had no gameplan, one even fell down on his own. BJJ has a simple combat strategy (take him down). The Hapkido guys looked like they were just standing there with no idea what to do.
The kickboxer was better though.

b0b said:
As with anything, it depends on the circumstances. They both have their merit and are both good at what they are used for.
yeah. Wrestling is great for winning trophies, wearing tights, and shooting for people.
BJJ is good for altogether kicking ass.

Back