• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

COUNTER-STRIKE players club v2: Cloud9 made America great again

Skill of casual players in the past two years has drastically increased. Trust Factor being used to populate MM games has even created higher skilled games beyond the displayed rank.

Yeah I've noticed. Also the map pool is much smaller now than in 1.6 times. Maps like Nuke, Dust 2, Inferno and Train have been around so long that you have to know all the best spawns, utilities etc. Back in the day you kinda knew the map and then just tried to hit your shots where ever you went. I've noticed that the "meta game" is somewhat present even in lower level matchmaking.

I've noticed that the "meta game" is somewhat present even in lower level matchmaking.

I should have been more descriptive. For by skill i meant primarily in the aiming department. Strategically i see them being worse. Absent minded of strategy associated with their rank for their aim got them there. Progression of the player scaled better previously.

Oddly enough here in North America i have better experiences when teamed with South American players. They have a better understanding on positioning mid to late round.

Just came here looking for a CSGO thread, was about to create one. ESL pro league anyone?

ESL pro league anyone?

Group B had the two biggest upsets with Vitality and Faze not qualifying. Nearly all these Group D matches have been straight fire in entertainment and strategy.

When ESL came back to Twitch in 2019 they basically were pulling the same numbers when they left in 2017. Averaging around 50K viewers. This season theyre averaging around 150K while peaking near 400K. Thats third party lan final numbers happening in group play.

Group B had the two biggest upsets with Vitality and Faze not qualifying. Nearly all these Group D matches have been straight fire in entertainment and strategy.

When ESL came back to Twitch in 2019 they basically were pulling the same numbers when they left in 2017. Averaging around 50K viewers. This season theyre averaging around 150K while peaking near 400K. Thats third party lan final numbers happening in group play.
Plus brazilian twitch gaules that often pulls out the double amount of views in his twitch, crazy shit.

and agreed, group D is in my opinion the death group, VP vs Astralis today was sick. Just watching liquid now. NAFFLY is playing his best game in the year

Plus brazilian twitch gaules that often pulls out the double amount of views in his twitch, crazy shit.

Back then only one english stream existed. Those looking to watch had to view an english broadcast. Now that russian and portuguese speaking official streams exist viewership has increased.

The Elige hero 4K AK entry on Inferno was nuts also.

Good game between Liquid and VP today, last group of the first phase. Pretty hard for liquid to qualify #1, which is a big boost in this championship, but a win over vp set them as one of the favorites

Pretty hard for liquid to qualify #1,

They cant. Astralis already beat Liquid and VP. Both Liquid and VP have already qualified. Todays match between Liquid/VP is for who acquires the #2 spot.

They cant. Astralis already beat Liquid and VP. Both Liquid and VP have already qualified. Todays match between Liquid/VP is for who acquires the #2 spot.
IF astralis lose to fnatic (which wont happen), the winner from Liquid vs VP is the #1. Being the #1 is very important, you basially already go in the semi finals

D-5X7b_XsAAgDeZ.jpg

What a fucking day from him. Before today I thought Fallen would be top20 in hltv this year, but Elige is definitely top8 material. If Liquid gets a major this year, Naffly or Elige have the potential to be even in the top5.

If Liquid gets a major this year, Naffly or Elige have the potential to be even in the top5.

Liquid is a team starting to acknowledge that they have unlimited potential and pushing themselves to that. Elige was right by saying what he see's in this team can surpass their 2019 accomplishments. For the way they are playing individually and off one another is astounding.

I was super pumped to see ENCE beat Vitality and G2, but I don't think they're are going to go far in playoffs. Gambit, Heroic and Astralis have looked solid.

Holy shit what a 1v4 clutch for the win:

Cadian has had one hell of a redemption arc!

Team reaction:

Last edited:
Casters reaction from different languages:

Nearly one year ago to this day his roster was set to sign with a new Team Org. Astralis swooped in and took one of his players for their bullshit 6th man roster. Killing the new Team Org signing them while forcing the team to rebuild. This was how cadian took it then:

Holy shit what a 1v4 clutch for the win:

Cadian has had one hell of a redemption arc!

Team reaction:

If it was a major, it would become a grafitti for sure!!! That stairs in mirage deserve a knife grafitti. I rather heroic winning than gambit, so i was very pleased with it

If it was a major, it would become a grafitti for sure!!!

Im one of those people who always scoff at those demanding graffitis from non-Valve Major events. However this play and the story behind him deserves one.

Just a casual Thursday informational bomb from Valve:
https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2021/04/33750/

Im 50/50 on this. My anti-cheat persona wants them banned for life from CSGO Valve Majors. However i must understand the game has been out for nearly nine years and is likely to go another nine years. So a middle ground of this is reasonable.

Back