Could you imagine if boxing legend George Foreman fought in the ufc?

YesMySon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
man,

he would have sucked ass. Don't get me wrong, George is my favorite heavyweight of all time, but I would see him being very slow and susceptible to any grappler who can see his punches coming. He was a smart fighter so he'd have figured it out eventually, but it would prob always be a weak spot.

He posted something recently saying he felt in his prime he would've been better suited for MMA.

If he had done mma from the beginning, the George that fought in the 70's would've been devastating.

Instead he chose boxing and became a millionare, fucking way she goes.

Assuming he would have had the opportunity to learn MMA from the get go, I'd imagine his fights would look a lot like Rumble's.

So you're saying someone who was purely a boxer would struggle in MMA? Is that the take home here?

LOL @ the notion that you have to start MMA early to succeed at it. MMA is at the bottom of the barel of the sports world, a safe heaven for rejects and cast-offs from far more competitive sports.

Someone like Anthony Joshua could probably walk in and obliterate a few top ten heavyweights without even completing the obligatory two week takedown defence training course.

George was a beast. One of the hardest hitters we have ever seen. Of course he would have had to learn grappling but look how far Cro Cop and Mark Hunt made it in MMA with elite striking and starting grappling very late in life.

Now if George started grappling training in his teen years or younger he would be even more of a beast. But its probably good for him the UFC wasn't around until 1993 so he made millions from boxing and Foreman Grills

LOL @ the notion that you have to start MMA early to succeed at it. MMA is at the bottom of the barel of the sports world, a safe heaven for rejects and cast-offs from far more competitive sports.

Someone like Anthony Joshua could probably walk in and obliterate a few top ten heavyweights without even completing the obligatory two week takedown defence training course.

at least send someone in with a chin bro. When is Fury or haye due to crack him? Or does Joshua have his crayons for the paper belt he might win.

George was a beast. One of the hardest hitters we have ever seen. Of course he would have had to learn grappling but look how far Cro Cop and Mark Hunt made it in MMA with elite striking and starting grappling very late in life.

Now if George started grappling training in his teen years or younger he would be even more of a beast. But its probably good for him the UFC wasn't around until 1993 so he made millions from boxing and Foreman Grills

i got a cheap foreman grill in college and i lost a shit ton of wieght. No lie.

at least send someone in with a chin bro. When is Fury or haye due to crack him? Or does Joshua have his crayons for the paper belt he might win.

Why, when has a glass jaw ever held anyone back in MMA?

Fury will get it in due time and so will that con-artist.

Imagine JDS but with more power, a longer reach, faster hand speed, superior boxing technique but less foot speed. If he were able to fend off the takedown, he would have been an absolute murderer in the Octagon.

90's Foreman with some wrestling training would be blasting fools. The Rothwells and Brownes of the HW division would be fucked.

70's Foreman with two weeks in a high school wrestling gym and some BJJ dvds would be taking heads clean off. He'd have so many gold belts he'd start making grills out of em.

Pfft! Screw boxing and MMA! The guy is probably making more money now from selling those grills than from him fighting!

Probably do as good as Art Jimmerson
If he had some grappling,he would have been hugely scary with small gloves on.Even when he was old and even slower, he could still ko people with just a touch, with those pillows on his fists. Same with many boxers, might be good if they could grapple,otherwise no chance

Back