Could you envision a scenario where Cain/JDS IV would be necessary/interesting?

if Big Nog comes in with a steel chair and hits JDS over the head with it - then spray paints nWo on his back

I think the loser will win their next 3 fights and get another shot at the title.

Past Cigano and Cain, and maybe Cormier, the dropoff is significant at HW.

I hope to god Big Foot beats Hunt and then someone else quickly...

So Cain's record is

JDS
Bigfoot
JDS
Bigfoot
JDS
Bigfoot

Yes. If JDS wins, they will a 4th fight. If Cain wins, they won't be a 4th fight. Cain is the more marketable champ. Dana needs a Mexican-American champ.

If Cain loses, but then can beat Bigfoot Silva, sure, bring on the 4th installment.

Obviously if the fight is either really close or is a carbon copy of the last one with junior catching cain with a big punch late on

Yes. If JDS wins, they will a 4th fight. If Cain wins, they won't be a 4th fight. Cain is the more marketable champ. Dana needs a Mexican-American champ.

So one minute it's stupid to have a rematch so soon, the next Dana is protecting Cain.

So one minute it's stupid to have a rematch so soon, the next Dana is protecting Cain.

No. It's just business.

Have you seen how Dana acted when JDS knock Cain out in 64s? It's better for the business to have Cain as champ than JDS. It's really that simple. In my opinion, they will fight a 4th time just because they are so much better than the rest. It's really more a lack of contenders than everything else. Cain will probably have to win 1 or 2 fights to get another shot, JDS probably 3 or 4 fights.

There will be a 4th fight eventually no matter what, they're the two top HWs by far. They will have to rematch eventually if the loser keeps on beating everybody else in the division.

IV will happen at some point, these two are just a cut above the rest of the division.

I think it will be interesting and necessary no matter who wins the third fight. These two are head and shoulders above all other HWs on the planet, save maybe for Cormier, so they should rightfully be fighting each other for the title if they can maintain this status and keep wrecking every other fighter in the future. However, imo, they would need something like 3-4 wins to get to a fourth fight.

When Cain is still the champ and the only fighters on a winning streak are Bigfoot and Nelson.

If all HW cut to LHW except for Bigfoot and JDS.

Dana has already stated that these guys could very easily compete for a fourth and fifth time over the years of their future career. They are both literally the # 1 and #2 in the HW division. Could you imagine just seeing a IV or V on a poster or advertisement. That would be insane

I'm thinking if JDS wins and the fight is a war on both ends a 4th fight may be in order down the road assuming no one beats JDS.

When a fighter loses, they have to work their way back getting a title shot. So, when either one loses, if they work their way back to a title shot, and the other is champion, then yes, it is a possibility. However, we would then need to see a 5th if they are tied 2-2.

Given that the HW division isn't that deep, the chances of a IV fight are very likely.

I think there will eventually be a 4th fight unless JDS is completely dominated even worse than before. It will probably take awhile but at some point I imagine it will happen.

Necessary? Yep. They are so dominant that they can definitely beat anyone else the UFC throws at them. So if the loser keeps winning after the loss, they will earn another fight.

The division is too shallow.

We will probably see a 4th fight at some point down the line but for it to be anytime soon JDS has to win. If Cain wins, JDS is probably going to have to win 3 or 4 fights before getting another shot.

Back