Could Werdum beat DC, Cain and Rockhold in one evening?

I thought Fabricio looked rather slow in that fight honestly. I know the "sea level" business might be overplayed, but Cain really did gas very early and regressed into a slow-motion brawler. Fabricio deserves full credit for that win in respect to his legacy, but that was not a good performance by Cain.

I think Werdum would struggle with DC's speed hand speed and pace, and his striking defense really is pretty poor. DC also has higher fight IQ than Cain, who couldn't adapt and kind of panicked.

Cain didn't gas by himself, Werdum played a big part in that. Cain's normal go to gameplan is to strike into the clinch against the cage and fight from there and mix in takedowns. The problem was that Werdum was constantly hanging on his neck making him tired and hitting him with big knees and the fact that Cain didn't want to take him down. In every other situation he's been in if he were getting hit hard in the clinch or had someone hanging on his neck he would just take them down, he didn't want to do that with Werdum because of his ground game. I think DC would have similar issues.

I do think DC has better fight IQ and might be able to win it at striking range but if he tried Cain's strategy I would heavily favor prime Werdum over him.

Not not Cormier. But he would beat Cain and Rockhold

I mean, old school UFC tournament style!
DaringUniqueGreyhounddog-max-1mb.gif
The biggest question should be:
"Why is TS calling himself a 'Pimmel'?"

Cain didn't gas by himself, Werdum played a big part in that. Cain's normal go to gameplan is to strike into the clinch against the cage and fight from there and mix in takedowns. The problem was that Werdum was constantly hanging on his neck making him tired and hitting him with big knees and the fact that Cain didn't want to take him down. In every other situation he's been in if he were getting hit hard in the clinch or had someone hanging on his neck he would just take them down, he didn't want to do that with Werdum because of his ground game. I think DC would have similar issues.

I do think DC has better fight IQ and might be able to win it at striking range but if he tried Cain's strategy I would heavily favor prime Werdum over him.
DC doesn't tend to barrel forward with quite the same meathead aggression Cain does, and I can't really imagine him trying to press a much taller man with a great thai clinch and knees into the cage and wear on him. DC hasn't relied on dirty boxing against the cage since his fight with Mir.

Werdum is crafty but he's always been ponderous on the feet, and DC's clinch work is also a more sophisticated than Cain's. Many times in that fight Cain just blundered into a double collar tie from Fabricio and got his bell rung. DC's entries into and exits from the clinch have evolved greatly with his experiences training for Jones. I think he's just more savvy than Cain and would be able to keep the fight in boxing range, where the speed difference would come into play.

Hurt him on the feet and then guillotine him like Cain.

Werdum can definitely beat DC on the feet, hurt him enough to shoot and sub him. Thing is, Werdum is too old now.
You’re so wrong

DC doesn't tend to barrel forward with quite the same meathead aggression Cain does, and I can't really imagine him trying to press a much taller man with a great thai clinch and knees into the cage and wear on him. DC hasn't relied on dirty boxing against the cage since his fight with Mir.

Werdum is crafty but he's always been ponderous on the feet, and DC's clinch work is also a more sophisticated than Cain's. Many times in that fight Cain just blundered into a double collar tie from Fabricio and got his bell rung. DC's entries into and exits from the clinch have evolved greatly with his experiences training for Jones. I think he's just more savvy than Cain and would be able to keep the fight in boxing range, where the speed difference would come into play.

I agree with you for the most part(DC is less wreckless in the clinch and has better fight IQ) but I still would favor Werdum in that fight prime for prime. I think currently DC would beat him but I think Werdum from a few years ago would out strike DC in a kickboxing match, he's got more tools on the feet and isn't worried about takedowns while DC would be so I think Werdum would land more due to the threat of the takedown and a larger variety of strikes being thrown.

it's hard to beat anybody when you are suspended

Werdum MIGHT be able to beat rocky old but he’d never beat DC it Cain. Cain’s loss to Werdum was a nearly inexplicable fluke. He’d probably lose to Fedor if they fought again as well

Werdum MIGHT be able to beat rocky old but he’d never beat DC it Cain. Cain’s loss to Werdum was a nearly inexplicable fluke. He’d probably lose to Fedor if they fought again as well

LMAO, Werdum beating Cain was no fluke. Werdum had a perfect gameplan to beat Cain's clinch and dirty box style. He wore Cain out using the thai clinch cause he knew Cain wouldn't want to take him down. Anyone else doing that would have just gotten taken down but Cain didn't want to be in Werdum's guard.

DC would knock him the fuck out.

Hurt him on the feet and then guillotine him like Cain.

Werdum can definitely beat DC on the feet, hurt him enough to shoot and sub him. Thing is, Werdum is too old now.

CAN, which doesn't mean it would be the most likely scenario. DC is a better fighter.

I agree with you for the most part(DC is less wreckless in the clinch and has better fight IQ) but I still would favor Werdum in that fight prime for prime. I think currently DC would beat him but I think Werdum from a few years ago would out strike DC in a kickboxing match, he's got more tools on the feet and isn't worried about takedowns while DC would be so I think Werdum would land more due to the threat of the takedown and a larger variety of strikes being thrown.
DC hits harder than Cain and is far mor3 durable with a better chin. DC can KO werdum.

DC hits harder than Cain and is far mor3 durable with a better chin. DC can KO werdum.

Sure he can KO him but I think prime vs prime the match up favors Werdum, the threat of the takedown from Werdum and having a more versitile striking game would be the difference makers IMO. That and I think Werdum's clinch would beat DC's if he went that way too.

If they fought now though I would pick DC, Werdum's been on a decline since the second Browne fight.

Back