Could Werdum beat Cain?

Definitely. JDS has no ground game despite being coached by Nog. Cain gets very casual and if 6'4 Werdum gets his hands on him it could quite easily be goodnight vienna.

that would be a sick match up, cain never tried to take nog down i can't see him wanting to take down werdum.

Of course he could, but chances are Cain overwhelms him

I doubt it, Cain's a bad match up for Werdum. The pace would be too much and Werdum would end up getting tkoed

If Werdum wins agaisnt Nogueira, I think the UFC might give him a title shot. Does any of you think he has a chance to beat Cain?

I'm not sure that Cain would play inside Werdum's guard and Werdum's striking is good enough to hang of the feet with Cain. Stylistically speaking, Werdum has a better chance agaisnt Cain than JDS.

Styles make fights so, probably, he won't be afraid of the take downs and has enough striking to defend on his feet, I say he is probably a bad match up for Cain.

i think he would have a hell of a fight with cain and lets hope this fight actually gets put together that would be siick but im still choosing cain to win!

anyone who thinks Werdum stands a chance is crazy, Cain by TKO

I'd pick Cain to win but I like Werdum's chances in this match up.

anyone who thinks Werdum stands a chance is crazy, Cain by TKO

Hm where have I heard this before, oh yeh before the Fedor/Werdum fight

werdum is a beast on the ground and has improved his stand up, anyone who doesn't give werdum a chance is crazy.

his MT is okay. his hands would not affect Cain in any way. and Cain really doesnt even need to take it to the ground. it will look similar to Nog/Cain. Cain wouldnt make the same mistake fedor did

I'd pick Cain to win but I like Werdum's chances in this match up.

Hm where have I heard this before, oh yeh before the Fedor/Werdum fight

fedor made a horrible mistake for soem reason he wanted to jump into the guard of a JJ black belt. Overeem didnt even make that mistake. Cain is one of the smartest fighters at HW i doubt hed make that mistake.
and I actually bet on werdum when he fought fedor

Cain would do what Fedor was supposed to do on Werdum.

Cain would do what Fedor was supposed to do on Werdum.

Don't go into Werdum's guard and keep the fight standing up?

Cain's aggressiveness could be used against him and Werdum's submissions are equivalent to a one-punch KO. He's just as dangerous as anybody right now.

Don't go into Werdum's guard and keep the fight standing up?

Cain's aggressiveness could be used against him and Werdum's submissions are equivalent to a one-punch KO. He's just as dangerous as anybody right now.

I think Cain can possibly catch him in the same manner as JDS did. Werdum's striking has improved but Cain's is still much tighter.

And While I agree that Werdum has a nasty guard, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cain were to be capable of doing damage from up there. Cain would be highly favored if the two were to meet and rightfully so.

his MT is okay. his hands would not affect Cain in any way. and Cain really doesnt even need to take it to the ground. it will look similar to Nog/Cain. Cain wouldnt make the same mistake fedor did

I have a really hard time imagining Cain refusing to go to the ground if Werdum starts flopping. Its his bread and butter. He'd probably dive in just out of instinct.

Back