Could Ronda have won with better corner advice following round 1?

I don't know how Greg Jackson could have helped her since she said she was KO'd after the 1st punch...

she was done in round 1 already. not even the best coach in the world could get through to her because she was out of it

I think the first straight left that Holly landed spelled the beginning of the end. RRR tried to keep her poker face, but she was done after that first punch... kinda reminded me of the jumping knee that Jones landed in the first seconds of the Shogun fight... was just a matter of time after that for both of them

I think this is extremely unlikely.

What could she have done more? Developed a new skillset in a 1 minute break or so? Edmund and team could have said "Look Ronda, you cannot stand or chase her, you have to clinch up and get her down." I still think this is what she was trying to do the whole round. I think Holly hits harder than it looks, and when you get clocked a few times you become apprehensive of going in again.

Holly is just too strong, too tall, too technical on the feet and makes you pay for getting close... way too much. I don't see how Ronda wins unless she develops more of a Chris Weidman style, in that she has improved ability to dive from a distance and initiate a TD, and have some better/decent kicks to keep Holly honest. I think Ronda's boxing gets a very hard time, it's decent - it's not world class. She needs more weapons, simple as that.

Probably not. The fight was mostly lost before they climbed into the cage.

Yes, if edmund told her to punch a hole in her chest, maybe she would have won

She was not prepared for that fight. Even if you took edmund out and then put greg jackson in,she wouldnt have been prepared to do what needed to be done. It had to be part of her intensive training for her to do it. Ive no doubt she could be taught what it takes...but under edmund...she might take the BJ penn stance he had in his last fight.

Back