Could Prime Aldo Have Been Triple UFC Champion?

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If he does make the 135 cut as well as he said he did, there's no doubt he could have took the 135 belt back in the day (I know he was good buddys with Barao, but for pure argument sake - he likely would have beaten him or Cruz at 135)

At 155, he most certainly could have taken the belt from any combination of Bendo/Frankie/Pettis etc...

Aldo can only make the cut to 135 now because he's got more money now than back then and has the means and the wit to employ a nutritionist and get his weight cut down to a science basically. That wasn't really the case back in his prime, he was a natural 145er imo.

But yeah, hypothetically if the cut went perfect I think he could've beaten Barao and Cruz and potentially beat the LW champ too.

Yes, I think he could have women's flyweight

Yes, easily.

He would have beat Cruz more clinically than Garbrandt did and would have beaten BJ, Frankie or Bendo imo.

At LW vs Edgar, Bendo and Pettis? I'd favour him in those fights

At BW against Barao and Cruz? I think he'd be too drained to do much. He didn't look that good against a Moraes who gassed quick. Barao and Cruz where crafty as they come.

At LW vs Edgar, Bendo and Pettis? I'd favour him in those fights

At BW against Barao and Cruz? I think he'd be too drained to do much. He didn't look that good against a Moraes who gassed quick. Barao and Cruz where crafty as they come.

Bendo could have employed the famous Moraes trick of running away and winning a shaky decision.

Yeah, he could av been triple KOed. Dat's what he could av been.

Bendo could have employed the famous Moraes trick of running away and winning a shaky decision.
Bendo was fantastic at shutting people down but without having a wrestling advantage I think Aldo would chew him up at range like Patricio Pitbull was doing (until he fucked his own leg on bendos elbow)..... Or I could see it going like Kenflo vs Aldo with Aldo stuffing the shots and forces Bendo to throw at angles he isn't comfortable in.

Probably, his buddy Barao was able to make the cut, he is able now and got even older which is basically backwards as far as how weight cutting with age goes, now 155...big chances.

He already beat Edgar twice and would have beaten the shit out of BumJ Penn easily.

And I think he would tore Cruz knees with a couple of legkicks.

Too bad the UFC blocked all chances or opportunity of that happening

145 and 155 yeah, easily.
135 I don't think so (at the time).

McGregor would have followed him to whatever weight he went to and starched him

Too bad the UFC blocked all chances or opportunity of that happening

They tried to make Khabib Vs Aldo a few years back at 155, but Khabib's camp turned it down as a bad style match up.

I’m more referring to when he tried to move up and fight Pettis.
UFC cockblocked him on all fronts. But Conor got the green light no problem

Back