Could Prime Aldo Have Been Triple UFC Champion?

Nah

He would have beaten the shit out of Showtime though

He could have been Double champ ... 145 and 155.

135? ... not sure if he had the nutritionist need for him to drop down safely. IF he did ... Cruz/Aldo would have been amazing to watch.

Cutting up and down from LW is unlikely. That's a huge gap.

If he does make the 135 cut as well as he said he did, there's no doubt he could have took the 135 belt back in the day (I know he was good buddys with Barao, but for pure argument sake - he likely would have beaten him or Cruz at 135)

At 155, he most certainly could have taken the belt from any combination of Bendo/Frankie/Pettis etc...

Prime Aldo in the back in the day timeline? Yes...I can see a case for that being a possibility.

Prime Aldo from back in the day, in a current today day timeline... no. The sport has evolved too much.

I believe Prime Aldo (before he forgot how to use leg kicks) would have beaten Frankie, Benson, or Pettis relatively easily. But BW seems a little far-fetched. In his younger days, the cut to 145 never seemed particularly easy, which is part of the reason there were always talks of going to 155. And even if he did make 135, being drained against a guy like Dom Cruz is a terrible idea.

People forget how good Cruz was; the guy is a top 10 p4p GOAT. It literally took Team Alpha Male years of training camps, numerous top-level BWs, and countless injuries to Cruz before they were able to beat a weakened version of him.

Probably not. Way too big to be killing himself to make 135lb, but I would've favored him over Bendo, Penn, or Pettis.

Depends on the champions at the time

Against Cruz/Edgar I'd favour him, but against Barao/Henderson I'm not so sure

Back