Could Khabib submit Usman off his back?

Who said it will go to the ground?

By grappling for 5 rounds, I mean his clinch control.

He can do that for 5 rounds against huge WWs. He can probably do that to Khabib as well. Just has to watch out for the trips and IF he gets down, be good enough to get back up.
Depends on the circumstances, no? If it's a grappling match and not MMA, for example, he's got a lot fewer weapons than Khabib does.

I'm only talking about MMA fight.

Strictly submission grappling or BJJ contest, Khabib takes it.
In a MMA fight Usman's size and strength could let him hold Khabib against the fence. And he might be able to do it for 5 rounds. But it only takes one mistake, because Khabib has a lot of weapons. Trips, throws, reversals. Any chance he has he will take, and then it's his game

In a MMA fight Usman's size and strength could let him hold Khabib against the fence. And he might be able to do it for 5 rounds. But it only takes one mistake, because Khabib has a lot of weapons. Trips, throws, reversals. Any chance he has he will take, and then it's his game

True I could be wrong but I assume Usman won't be as lost on the ground as Justin.

Conor defended most of Khabib's ground subs and GNP.
So did Barbosa.

Usman is tough, has amazing cardio but you might be right ... we never really seen Usman much on defense on the ground but I just highly doubt he would be as terrible as Justin was thus I believe he could survive a mistake or two possibly.

Justin looked completely lost and TERRIFIED of the ground. I know part of it is how good Khabib is but it was clear imo that Justin's BJJ got exposed big time and more fighters will push to get the fight to ground vs him in the future.

Size matters. Much of what LWs say about Khabib is how strong his grip strength is and just him being stronger than they anticipated or using his weight well. He's not the strongest dude, but uses it well. Now, you have to deal with usman where you won't have that strength advantage or it being a neutral attribute. Usman will be the bigger man. You'd be dealing with more resistance. I think khabib could get it done possibly man, I really don't know. Grappling a dude that outweighs you by 20lbs for 25mins is something I'd like to see. I would have liked him to face usman and potentially beat him. I never cared about this gsp stuff. But usman and him are friends and khabib had no interest in moving up, so there's that.

I think skill for skill, khabib is better in all facets of the game. Better striker, better wrestler, better grappler. Better at controlling pace. Better footwork. You name it all. But size is a big issue.
A 190 bulked up khabib vs 200 lbs usman = khabib wins

True I could be wrong but I assume Usman won't be as lost on the ground as Justin.

Conor defended most of Khabib's ground subs and GNP.
So did Barbosa.

Usman is tough, has amazing cardio but you might be right ... we never really seen Usman much on defense on the ground but I just highly doubt he would be as terrible as Justin was thus I believe he could survive a mistake or two possibly.

Justin looked completely lost and TERRIFIED of the ground. I know part of it is how good Khabib is but it was clear imo that Justin's BJJ got exposed big time and more fighters will push to get the fight to ground vs him in the future.
Yea buddy connor defended khabibs GNP with HIS FACE!!!

Its hilarious that anyone thinks usman is better mma wrestler than khabib, it’s ridiculous. Ask DC luke Rockhold , fitch all aka guys what a phenom of a wrestler/grappler khabib is he got it all in ground game

No, what's hilarious is that people like you dismiss the size difference, the fact that Khabib kept killing himself to make 155 and the fact that he couldn't use his skillset to take down a much larger Tibau, who was nowhere near Usman's level.

Before I get accused of haiting, you can look up all of the posts that I've made oraising Khabib as an ATG.

Usman also one of the few people on the entire UFC roster that can grapple for 5 rounds non stop similar to Khabib.

Khabib has had to take rounds off in plenty of fights including three rounders.

We've seen Usman push a pace for five rounds against RDA, Woodley, Masvidal and Colby.

A 190 bulked up khabib vs 200 lbs usman = khabib wins
Khabib said he'll be like 183ish in the cage and usman would be close to 200lbs. That's why he won't move up. It's 20lbs+ difference

Could he sub him off his back? The potential is there for sure. Khabib very clearly has world class bjj. However, subbing Usman who is a very good grappler also, and is the bigger man, is a pretty tall order. I don’t think it’s a very likely scenario to play out. Being the guy on top is an advantage.

the fact that he couldn't use his skillset to take down a much larger Tibau, who was nowhere near Usman's level.
For fucks sake

How many times do you have to hear this before you acknowledge it? That was literally Khabib's second fight in a cage. It was before he went to AKA and learned to wrestle in the cage. Tibau had success because Khabib didn't know how to use the cage effectively. Now he's among the best at it.

I don't understand why you have so much trouble with that concept.

Back