Could Khabib submit Usman off his back?

Khabib would ko usman standing before wrestling even got involved

Why submit off back when you can KO fools?

the only thing Usman has on Khabib is size

But that's a big problem considering if Khabib has any skill advantage ... is it enough to make up the size/strength difference?

Look at GSP's BJJ vs BJ Penn's BJJ.

skill for skill ... Penn >>> GSP.
But that size (and grease) was too much for BJ Penn.

A good big man beats a good little man.

Size matters when the skill gap isn't big enough to make the difference.

Who cares khabib never had the nuts to move up and when asked said he doesn't want to give up his size advantage

But that's a big problem considering if Khabib has any skill advantage ... is it enough to make up the size/strength difference?

Yeah I was kinda joking I posted the gif of his flying knee but Sherdog sucks at letting me post gifs. It was kind of a tongue in cheek comment with Habibs flying knee as the joke. But alas it was never completed due to Sherdogs incompetence.

The size difference is not THAT big though. They're about the same height but Usman probably has 10 or so pounds on him walking around. Enough for Khabib's superior skill to be a factor.

This is more like a good big man vs a very good little man

Hell yes. Firas zahabi said yesterday he believes khabib is world class BJJ black belt and could participate in ADCC tournament.
I'd love to see Khabib in ADCC or a resurrection of Metamoris, maybe vs Maia. I'm not sure he'd win ADCC but he'd do really well I think

Usman is 12-0 in the UFC with dominant victories over really good opponents.

It's a very good big man vs a possibly better but much smaller little man.

Usman also one of the few people on the entire UFC roster that can grapple for 5 rounds non stop similar to Khabib.

Stylistically a tough match for Khabib due to Usman's grappling, clinch, and all coming with cardio.

A LW version of Usman if he existed would have been Khabib's toughest test.

But he isn't a LW, he is a HUGE WW.

Size/strength advantage seals the deal for me to go with Usman beating Khabib if Khabib dared to test himself.

Usman also one of the few people on the entire UFC roster that can grapple for 5 rounds non stop similar to Khabib.

Stylistically a tough match for Khabib due to Usman's grappling, clinch, and all coming with cardio.
Size/strength advantage seals the deal for me to go with Usman beating Khabib if Khabib dared to test himself.

size is easy to gain, 15 pounds of muscle is nothing for ufc fighter

I think he could. I don't see him outwrestling Usman though so that might be his best shot at beating him
Usman has ...the same number of limbs and heads as Conner (sub'd), Porrier (sub'd), Justing (sub'd) and many other. So fuck yeah he can sub the boring Usman. Guess what, Khamaz will do it to him hopefully shortly. inchAllah

Usman is a great wrestler and MMA grappler, but I have to think Khabib has more skills on the mat than Usman does. Khabib has submitted some great fighters, Usman hasn't. Usman has a single submission win in his entire career, and he's also lost by submission. Yeah, it was a long time ago and he's gotten better, but Khabib has never been challenged on the mat. Nobody ever really made it competitive on the mat with Khabib.

I think Khabib could surprise people with how well he'd do against Usman on the mat.

A LW version of Usman if he existed would have been Khabib's toughest test.

But he isn't a LW, he is a HUGE WW.

Usman's grappling is not in Khabib's universe. Khabib would sub him as many times as Marcelo Garcia subbed Askren if they rolled. Usman's wrestling, pressure against the fence and cardio is what make him good, not his grappling.

Usman's grappling is not in Khabib's universe. Khabib would sub him as many times as Marcelo Garcia subbed Askren if they rolled. Usman's wrestling, pressure against the fence and cardio is what make him good, not his grappling.

Who said it will go to the ground?

By grappling for 5 rounds, I mean his clinch control.

He can do that for 5 rounds against huge WWs. He can probably do that to Khabib as well. Just has to watch out for the trips and IF he gets down, be good enough to get back up.

Last edited:
So many casuals in this thread.

Khabib would have serious problems with the four WW's behind Usman.

There is a reason Khabib put himself through those painful 15+lb weight cuts rather than move up to WW.

Who said it will go to the ground?

By grappling for 5 rounds, I mean his clinch control.

He can do that for 5 rounds against huge WWs. I can probably do that to Khabib as well. Just has to watch out for the trips and IF he gets down, be good enough to get back up.

Nice try, Kamaru. You gave yourself away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back