Could Francis have made a worse decision?

If Blaydes wins it solidifies him as the next contender. If Ngannou wins it shows he has his groove back and has made the adjustments to deal with a high level wrestler. Look I like Black Beast as much as anyone. And Volkov has impressed me. But I don't think either of those guys have anything for Stipe or DC, and I don't think they ever will. Blaydes and Ngannou have the most potential out of the new crop of heavyweights.

Why not Francis vs Tai?

Fuck sake UFC do you want me to do your job for you

Probably just needed a headliner for that card.
It seems fights are made to fit the schedule, not the other way round.

I think Blaydes loses again. Although that does make for an easier path to the title for Volkov after he defeats Lewis

I think Curtis takes him down and beats his face in. The predator will become the new Roy Nelson, just a big swinger who you have to get past on the way to the top 5

The UFC really needs to come around on the idea of rebuilding fights.

Ngannou clearly has some confidence issues to sort out. Blaydes is not the guy for that.

Not to mention that Blaydes is on a run, whereas Ngannou is coming off a loss. I'm sure Blaydes took the fight to get his loss back, but, IMO, Ngannou should've taken an easier fight.

Cuz theyre trying to push Blaydes, and Ngannou is at his most gunshy.

After tge last two Francis showings, the whole he hits harder than any force measured rhetoric was exposed. If Blaydes wins, redeeming his (only??) Loss, tgey can push him. If Francis regains his confidence, well now tgey can get back in his train.

Good on Francis for not taking an easy fight. It might bite him in the ass but I think this is winnable for him if he isn’t so hesitant.

I really hate this matchup to be honest. I know it's a rematch and probably a justified rematch. But I still think Ngannou could be a much more valuable asset for the UFC then Blaydes. Even after the disaster match against Lewis, he still has marketability if they handled it right. If they had given Ngannou an easier opponent he could wipe out in the first round again, he'd get his confidence back and might be a real threat again, the guy still looks imposing.
But no, in typical Dana White/UFC-style, they completely shat all over his performance (after 1 bad night), refused to interview them in the octagon so they might explain themselves and now paired him up with a wrestler who is just going to take him down and lay on him for the decision and that's the end of Ngannou the monster I think. It's a shame, heavyweight could still use guys like Ngannou but in the UFC 1 bad fight is already enough to completely dismiss you.

Dana is the one who actually has to deal with Ngannou everytime, and so far it is hard not to believe he is right in saying Ngannou has ego problems. Just look at him thinking he should be fighting Brock after getting owned by Stipe. He probably thinks that there's no point in him getting hurt fighting Lewis cause beating Lewis proves nothing, while beating a wrestler/grappler like Blaydes would silence the criticisms of him after the Stipe fight. So it's a make or break moment for Ngannou.

Funny thing is, if Ngannou beats Blaydes and Lewis beats Volkov then we might be seeing Lewis vs Ngannou 2 soon.......... does that excite anyone?

it would be pretty bizarre if he lost again after all the hype. Sokoudjou all over again.

I really hate this matchup to be honest. I know it's a rematch and probably a justified rematch. But I still think Ngannou could be a much more valuable asset for the UFC then Blaydes. Even after the disaster match against Lewis, he still has marketability if they handled it right. If they had given Ngannou an easier opponent he could wipe out in the first round again, he'd get his confidence back and might be a real threat again, the guy still looks imposing.
But no, in typical Dana White/UFC-style, they completely shat all over his performance (after 1 bad night), refused to interview them in the octagon so they might explain themselves and now paired him up with a wrestler who is just going to take him down and lay on him for the decision and that's the end of Ngannou the monster I think. It's a shame, heavyweight could still use guys like Ngannou but in the UFC 1 bad fight is already enough to completely dismiss you.
I disagree. I like this matchup and am looking forward to seeing if Ngannou has improved his style vs a wrestler.

I doubt it was his decision.

He's at the point where he fights who they tell him or they cut his ass.

Are you serious? Ngannou is still important to the company. If he improves his skills, they can build that crazy hype again. He had 6 finishes in a row prior to these 2 lackluster fights.

But UFC has been known to throw important fighters under the bus before, so maybe they pressured Ngannou to take this fight. If he doesn't find that KO against Blaydes, it's going to be a BAD fight for him.

Active but patient is how he was in the first fight. He needs to get back to that.

Agreed, but I don't think we're likely to see that in his next fight. He's either going to be gunshy again or overcompensate for his last fight.

I disagree. I like this matchup and am looking forward to seeing if Ngannou has improved his style vs a wrestler.

you improve your style versus a wrestler by WRESTLING, and six months ago his wrestling was not present, and you can’t get good at wrestling in a year.

Blaydes will wreck him, this is a showcase fight and two fold:
1) establish Blaydes as #1
2) get rid of Francis

Francis has not improved much since their first fight, Blaydes is a completely different fighter, and he will be even more evolved in November. He now has Dom reyes, Alistair, and Don’Tale Mayes in his camp, when he fought Francis it was on two weeks at a UFC gym.

I see Blaydes beating him up on the feet, he throws straight where Francis goes for looping shots or uppercuts.

you improve your style versus a wrestler by WRESTLING, and six months ago his wrestling was not present, and you can’t get good at wrestling in a year.

Blaydes will wreck him, this is a showcase fight and two fold:
1) establish Blaydes as #1
2) get rid of Francis

Francis has not improved much since their first fight, Blaydes is a completely different fighter, and he will be even more evolved in November. He now has Dom reyes, Alistair, and Don’Tale Mayes in his camp, when he fought Francis it was on two weeks at a UFC gym.

I see Blaydes beating him up on the feet, he throws straight where Francis goes for looping shots or uppercuts.

Cro Crops TDD improved in 6-11 months a looooooooooot.

but Ngannou isnt as talented as JDS, Crop Cop, Aldo and maybe Gus.

How the hell Blaydes doesn't deserve a title shot right now is beyond me

Back