Could Francis have made a worse decision?

mallen7272

Shooper
@Brown
Reaction score
What was he thinking? If Blaydes gets him down it's game over. Why say yes to a top wrestler his Achilles heel?

I mean he beat him the first time. I agree though, this was quite a fight to take, I was thinking they'd give him a step down.

To be fair, we really don't know the improvements he has made from the Stipe fight. Maybe he's improved all aspects of his wrestling game, we just didn't get to see the real Francis show up in July.

I agree though, this is a terrible match up for anybody in the HW division, Francis or not.

I don’t believe they offered him many high profile options. It is a pretty bad match up if he can’t find it in himself to come out guns blazing.

Doctor stoppage. Meh
Very warranted stoppage, Blaydes' eye was totally closed.

Still, I think Curtis definitely has the edge in the rematch. Francis seems like a wild card right now though, who knows how he'll come out for this fight.

Doctor stoppage. Meh
"Meh"

images

Very warranted stoppage, Blaydes' eye was totally closed.

Still, I think Curtis definitely has the edge in the rematch. Francis seems like a wild card right now though, who knows how he'll come out for this fight.

Yeah definitely. Either do nothing Ngannou shows up, or he tries to make up for last time and comes out way too aggressive, ends up on the ground.

Seems to me the least likely occurence would be him coming out active but patient.

I doubt it was his decision.

He's at the point where he fights who they tell him or they cut his ass.

Yeah definitely. Either do nothing Ngannou shows up, or he tries to make up for last time and comes out way too aggressive, ends up on the ground.

Seems to me the least likely occurence would be him coming out active but patient.

Active but patient is how he was in the first fight. He needs to get back to that.

He could have urinated on an electric fence?

I'm saying I can think of 5 other similar situations off the top of my head that didn't get the doctor stoppage
Why should Bisping vs Hendo 2 have been stopped? Bisping won lol.

As for Blaydes, the doctors stopped it because his eye was completely shut and he couldn't see. That is a valid reason.

I don't like this matchup. Francis should be fighting someone off of a loss.

Back