Could Bones Jones out BJJ Werdum?

Wow I am concerned for Sherdog's collective sanity.
Jones would leave such an encounter limbless.

Can he survive werdum's guard? 100% he can. Fucking Mark Hunt did.

I am sure many will pretend it didn't happen, though.

No, Werdum has the best guard in MMA, dude takes no damage and submits people. He would probably sub Jone in a few rounds if Jones keeps playing his game. Jones will probably control him on the clinch and elbow away. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the fight.

Jones almost got his arm broken by a MW. Now imagine a legit HW with 10 times the BJJ of Belfort, a guy who submitted the HW GOAT.

Jones has long lanky arms and legs. Werdum would just work his guard and tap him out with ease. Here's Werdum locking an armbar on Vinny but unable to get the tap. Jones arm would turn to mince meat

B7WAYHM5QUQ6H6C6NFL3WQLBTFR7E3VS.gif

"beating his opponents at his own game"

thats a blatant lie

Some silly bitches on Sherdog.

Exceedingly unlikely.
Maybe, if Werdum were smaller than him.

This is getting out of hand.

Could JBJ out compose Beethoven? Could he out math Gottfried Leibniz? Could he out philosophize Schopenhauer? Why not, I mean, he completely and utterly ragdolled DC, he mercilessly outstruck the best striker of all time in Shogun and he even tapped out 10th degree black belt Vitor. Come to think of it, is OSP the greatest striker to ever live because he KO'd Shogun in the first and Jones needed 3 rnds to get a mere TKO? Wait...does this mean Mousasai is the greatest of great strikers as he put on a straight up clinic on OSP? This is all so confusing because Machida outstruck Moose and JBJ outstruck Machida.....maybe JBJ can out JBJ JBJ?

So you're talking about composers from the renaissance and everyone else is talking about modern combatants, one division removed from Jones' weight class.

You're on point.

Can he survive werdum's guard? 100% he can. Fucking Mark Hunt did.

I am sure many will pretend it didn't happen, though.

Surviving guard is not quite the same as 'out BJJ'...

And he also submitted Vitor who is a long time black belt in bjj.

So did Overeem...

Vitor is one great fighter, no doubt, but lets get realistic, he got thoroughly outgrappled by Heath Herring, out of all people.

No. He would not. He might be able to avoid getting submitted, but there is no chance in hell of him submitting Werdum. Unless we're talking about a parallell universe.

I can't say for sure that he would. Werdum is a bjj beast. There is a lot of Jones doubt even though he just beat DC, and just about everyone else, at their own game.

Back