Could Assassin Baby do the almost impossible?

Eric Silva 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Could Brandon Moreno take out Figuereido next month? I'm glad he's getting the love he deserves. The guy is improving, has heart, passion and is an absolute savage in the ring. It's a tall order but I think he has a chance. I can't wait for the rematch. Anyone else looking forward to this fight?

I always underestimate him, he is unorthodox but whatever works, if he wins is in a war of attrition.

Doubt he wins, considering Fig was really sick during that fight. I'm rooting for Moreno and hope he pulls it off

Figuerido is good but he hasn't proven to be well ahead of the pack like the likes to Jones, GSP, Mighty Mouse, Silva etc. He's what? One title defence in?

In saying that, a guy doing better than expected doesn't make him the winner of a fight. It's like a basketball game.... You don't include the point spread into the game itself

He got a draw with him in war.

He stunned him too, it's totally possible for him to win.

It's not like Figgy is a long reigning champ or anything.

Its possible. But he fought the fight of his life against a Figueiredo who had just defended his title 21 days earlier. Both fighters should be fresh in the rematch. I'm looking forward to it.

Figgy was ill heading into that fight, and still nearly beat him

Yes. It's a fight. It's always 50-50 at fight night. He already got the confidence and the feel on how it is to hang with Fig. He had a good gameplan coming in the first fight and looked like he studied him well. A few more adjustments and I think he'll do better this time. Picking him to win the rematch.

It was ridiculous to have both of them go through another cut to weigh in 20 days later. They had to start dehydrating again after only 2 weeks. That might end up having long-term effects on Figueiredo's career, especially because 33 is on the old side for a flyweight and he has to cut a lot of weight to make 125. Moreno is younger and he cuts less weight, so he should be alright.

Could Brandon Moreno take out Figuereido next month? I'm glad he's getting the love he deserves. The guy is improving, has heart, passion and is an absolute savage in the ring. It's a tall order but I think he has a chance. I can't wait for the rematch. Anyone else looking forward to this fight?
If nut shots and eye gouging is not allowed he has a good shot. Figgy gasses and nut shots give a nice break when needed.

Fig is huge and had to pace himself in the first fight. If he in shape he will hurt Moreno bad

Figuerido is good but he hasn't proven to be well ahead of the pack like the likes to Jones, GSP, Mighty Mouse, Silva etc. He's what? One title defence in?

In saying that, a guy doing better than expected doesn't make him the winner of a fight. It's like a basketball game.... You don't include the point spread into the game itself
He pretty much has 3 Benavidez 2, Perez, and Moreno 1.

He pretty much has 3 Benavidez 2, Perez, and Moreno 1.

I stand corrected. I forgot about the Perez one and trying to forget the Joe B fight. Poor guy, can't catch a break..

After the first fight, I didn't think he'd win and thought it was going to be a matter of time tbh but was just hoping for the best so the guy could retire with one title.

I hope he wins. I've been a fan since he first debuted in the UFC. I was pretty bummed when he was released as well. Would be cool to see him take that belt.

Back