• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could any WMMA fighters have won UFC 1?

gordeau, royce and shamrock with out a doubt.

Without a doubt? Gordeau got submitted by blinded Yuki Nakai. What does Nakai have on Edgar that would allow him to do that?

What high level wrestler did Gracie ever best to give you such confidence in his odds against Edgar? Edgar is not Severn; he doesn't have the mass but I have a hard time believing he'd be caught like Severn was. Edgar is a way more complete fighter than Gracie or Shamrock. I grant the latter would have a big edge in size and strength but he lost to Gracie, who didn't have nearly as many tools as Edgar.

Art Jimmerson was a legit professional boxer with a record of 29-5. Cyborg is not a grappler. He would kill her.

lol not with that one boxing glove strategy.

Cyborg’s jiu jitsu championships and grappling victories are as legit as Jimmerson’s boxing victories.

Also it was more of a joke than anything.

lol not with that one boxing glove strategy.

Cyborg’s jiu jitsu championships and grappling victories are as legit as Jimmerson’s boxing victories.

Also it was more of a joke than anything.
She would not have won a single fight at UFC 1. Jimmerson or otherwise.

Let me seen one of these chicks try to grapple Ken Shamrock in 1993.

<{1-14}>My girl Karolina K would have demolished
giphy.gif

Sorry to burst your bubbles but Wonder Woman isn’t real life. Women can’t and will never be able to beat an able bodied male.

Hitting or trying to grapple a man is like hitting and trying to grapple a gorilla or worse, hitting brawlers from the early UFC is like hitting a grizzly bear on juice.

You have no freaking idea what you are talking about. Any of the great apes is much stronger than our species. A woman has much better chance against a man than a man has against a male gorilla, you can bet your ass on that.

LMAO NO. Pat Smith would put any WMMA fighter in a coma. it would be disgusting to watch

Those guys were more vicious.

I can't think of any UFC fighter today willing to continue after being eye gouged into blindness.

Cyborg is 175 pounds, jacked, and a BJJ black belt.

There's not a doubt in my mind that she would have subbed Art Jimmerson, and she would probably also submit Trent Jenkins (fought in alternate bout vs Jason Delucia)

Pat smith would not only beat cyborg or rousey, he would perform revenge sex on them right there in the cage too

Cyborg is 175 pounds, jacked, and a BJJ black belt.

There's not a doubt in my mind that she would have subbed Art Jimmerson, and she would probably also submit Trent Jenkins (fought in alternate bout vs Jason Delucia)

The only submission she has in her MMA record is a loss.

It's not her thing.

There's a general agreement that small guys like Frankie Edgar could have done what Royce did. But what about women? Even if she could beat Royce Gracie, I can't imagine even women like Cyborg beating huge guys like the 6'11" Gerard Gordeau.

Seems extremely unlikely. Look at what happens in other sports when women compete against men -- and this includes sports with way more history and depth for women than MMA.

For instance, the Canadian and American women's hockey teams -- the only teams ever to win Olympic or world championship gold in women's hockey, play and regularly lose practice games against 15-16 year old local boys teams. And that's playing without allowing body checks (no body checks in women's hockey).

The Swedish women's soccer team (Olympic medalists) lost badly against a local Swedish boy's soccer team (again 15-16 year olds).

The fastest time ever by a woman 100m sprinter (which no woman has come close to in 30 years) is about the time of a fast 16 year old boy.

Or take tennis, one of the most lucrative women's sports, both Williams sisters lost badly (6-1 and 6-2) against the 203rd ranked male (who didn't warm up and just had a beer).

Basically the best women athletes in almost every physical (as opposed to something like archery or shooting) are on the level of a very good 16 year old boy. So ask yourself, are there any 16 year old boy's who could have won the first UFC?

Cyborg might be able to beat some of the guys who never grappled (assuming she didn't start off by striking with them), but she'd be far too weak and slow for the rest of them. Mind you, Cyborg would easily beat 95% of Sherdog posters and untrained men, but that's not what was in UFC 1.

Last edited:
Depends on how many roids Cyborg is allowed to take. Imagine a 200lbs Cyborg on rocket fuel.

Even then she'd probably lose, but she'd definitely have a chance (a lot more than Art Jimmerson).

You have no freaking idea what you are talking about. Any of the great apes is much stronger than our species. A woman has much better chance against a man than a man has against a male gorilla, you can bet your ass on that.

Yup. Not even close -- the difference between a gorilla and any human is way bigger (size and strength) than between men and women. And grizzly bears are even worse -- they weigh up to 2000 pounds, can break a horse's back with one strike. I don't think an unarmed human could harm one even if the grizzly didn't bother fighting back.

Cyborg maybe.
I have my doubts, gaby Garcia can barely beat the average Joe at armwrestling ant then only with taking the elbow from the table

Cyborg spars regularly with men which is apperantly common practice in Brazil.

but even she just gets over powered with no effort
But I have to admit if id met Garcia and cyborg at night id change the street side that shit is scary!

Back