• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could any WMMA fighters have won UFC 1?

I mean it's a fantasy matchup. There are definitely WMMA fighters that would win fights. Cyborg, Ronda, etc, but it was an open weight tournament . Royce was light but not as light as the ladies at the top of the UFC WMMA standings now.

You put Royce from UFC 1 without his gi in the ring with a current Cyborg with no weight cut, that shit would be not as one sided as many would assume me thinks.

Obviously no woman would have any chance to win UFC 1, but someone like Cyborg would absolutely demolish the average able-bodied male.
The early UFC where everyone was juiced to the gills? She would get murdered.

Last edited:
No. And no woman would win a single fight in UFC 1. Not even be competitive in a single fight. Not even survive 5 minutes in a single fight.

Kathy Long was going to enter buty because she had a BJJ belt from the family Machado, she was asked not to compete so she became part of their commentary team. If she did fight I would pretty much guarantee she would have beat most of the guys in the first few events. Sure Gracie, Shamrock and the other few real male fighter would probably beat her. But she would have beaten close to 80-90% of them.

You put Royce from UFC 1 without his gi in the ring with a current Cyborg with no weight cut, that shit would be not as one sided as many would assume me thinks.

Why no gi?

Anyway...forget Royce, there isn't a woman in history who beats 1993 shammy

He used it to keep position all the time, as well as avoided a ton of damage with it. I've debated this more than I want to but I don't think Royce would even be a household name if gis weren't allowed in the UFC since it's inception.

Sure, but so what?

This thread is about UFC 1 where gi was allowed.

If you think Royce would not have won without the gi then maybe you are right...but then they would have entered Rickson into UFC 2
;)

Last edited:
frankie would have got destroyed at ufc 1.

shrimps lol

There's a general agreement that small guys like Frankie Edgar could have done what Royce did. But what about women? Even if she could beat Royce Gracie, I can't imagine even women like Cyborg beating huge guys like the 6'11" Gerard Gordeau.

6'11 lol

Manlet detected. Sorry little guy, I know perspectives can get warped from down there.

Undertaker isn't 7 feet tall either

Maybe Cyborg on A LOT of birth control.

Some would've won UFC 3, if they had Steve Jennums bracket.

UFC 1?.. It's possible, considering how much the sport has evolved since 1993, which is a crap-ton. Cody McKenzie could've probably won it with his Mckenzie-tine.

Back