Could a grappler neutralize striking

Jorge Garcia, the grandfather of centripetal force. They are just lucky they put Jacobo into the fight, and not the true family champion Jago.

Jago was undefeated in over 4,000 fights.

I believe you're mixing it up with the half Chinese/Brazilian family of Xingpi. It was Fu Yao they had compete, but it was Xi Cheng who had the record of 40,000 victories over the span of 6 continents and legend has it that before the family made its way to Brazil there was no North/South America. He grappled the borders into existence, he was just that good.

Achieve the clinch against a striker is one of the most basic BJJ skills people are required to learn.

Yes, dont pick fights against strikers that know how to wrestle and you are good to go.

The best way to neutralize striking is to flop to your back and buttscoot aggressively after the opponent, throwing upkicks to the knee, and to the groin if the ref isn't looking. Also throw in an occasionally rolling axe kick, but most importantly, anytime the opponent comes too close and tries to pass your guard, perform a capoeira move called the buici jelani. Shinya Aoki used it against Rob McCullough at Dream 17. Here's a gif of him performing it while warming up at Shooto back in 2005:

list25airflares.gif

Last edited:
This one time while drinking my friend who boxed mentioned boxing>wrestling.

I hit a double on him, mounted him and proceeded to flick him in the forehead with my finger while telling him he was wrong.

This one time while drinking my friend who boxed mentioned boxing>wrestling.

I hit a double on him, mounted him and proceeded to flick him in the forehead with my finger while telling him he was wrong.

it's going to take some time to adjust to this new avi

Back