Could a fighter wear goggles?

Tuaminator

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With all the talk of eye pokes lately i was thinking why not where goggles.
Of course they would have to me specially made mma goggles that dont stick out to far and the cord isnt a issue.

Whats the downside other than they look funny?

Peripheral vision. And risk of getting a piece of plastic in your eye if someone hits you in the face the right way.

field of vision I would imagine.. even if they are clear all around ...

also more so that they could potentially crack mid fight and splinter into the eye or the opponents hand

i lol'd, but only because i thought about the same thing

WESING-QJ11-3-Senior-PU-leatherhigh-quality-boxing-helmet-kickboxing-combat-helmet.jpg

If they could make a much thinner version of this, but with a visor it might actually work

it would look stupid, and when the fighter got hot it would fog up, so IDK

i think the biggest solution is having stricter rules on eyes in the face. this isnt street fighting, maybe pushing people's faces shouldnt be allowed for the same reason soccer kicks to people's heads isn't allowed.

I say yes to helmets and shin/forearm padding as well.

The sky is falling,

put on some goggles and bet on both DC and Bones - jesus christ

Then we would have fighters breaking their fingers on guys goggles!!!

to fight Jones and avoid all the eye pokes you need this, the Daido Juku karate helmet, behold

head-guard-premium-296-p__40160.1404191450.1280.1280.jpg

Think about it.
How do you think goggles will stand up to punches to the face and head and around the eyes? How will they keep them on when grappling and someone has back control and pawing the head while going for a RNC? Just as examples.

refs that enforce the rules solves everything

Isn't getting punched in the eye a legitimate method of victory? I recall Alessio Sakara beating James Irvin that way. You're depriving fighters of a route to victory

A Jones opponent should walk out wearing goggles as a joke

Can't punch a guy with goggles on.
It's bad luck.

A Jones opponent should walk out wearing goggles as a joke

that would be the most hilarious thing ever, and it would piss Jones off so much that it would probably cloud his vision during the first round

Back