Cotto VS Canelo: A Technical Summary

Interesting. It's hard to decipher whether his lack of stamina is an issue with training, or simply genetic limitations. Obviously style plays into it as well. Probably something in training they should change up though. I never thought discipline might be a factor. Man, I am really looking forward to this fight.

I subscribed, keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Canelo is going to beat the piss out of Cotto..I think Cotto's only chance is to hurt Canelo.. if he tries to box, he is going to get worked
Cracky and I agree on something for once!:D

Canelo by UD. Very little chance of Canelo losing this. Cotto's last big payday.

Canelo by UD. Very little chance of Canelo losing this. Cotto's last big payday.

No thoughts on the arguments and footage presented? I don't see how people can be totally confident in either fighter.

Thanks for the analysis. I haven't watched all their fights so it was quite informative to me.

Thanks for the analysis. I haven't watched all their fights so it was quite informative to me.

Cool, I tried to make it accessible for non-hardcore fans who don't know the common arguments. Glad you liked it, thanks for watching.

I'm still undecided on this one

Cotto eats boxers for dinner except for Trout and Floyd but its the bigger and stronger guy vs Cotto that worries me a bit and yes I'm basing this on the Margarito fights, loaded gloves or not Cottos legs and stamina can't hold for long into the later rounds, especially the championship rounds, Canelo is nowhere near Marg's conditioning but is much craftier and packs a better punch,

What makes it even more interesting is both guys tend to take rounds off and decline slightly in the later rounds, I feel Cotto can do everything Canelo can do but better, but being a fresher, bigger and younger guy is pretty much all needed to match up perfectly against Cotto

I'll just say for now, Cotto can box way better than the slower Canelo and frustrate him, Canelo has the clear size and power advantage over Cotto where I'm sure if and when he connects Cotto may not make it to the 12th, great fight!

I believe Cotto is the more skilled and technical boxer. I also believe Canelo is the better conditioned boxer with more power. I would be very happy to see Cotto win this fight; however, I believe Canelo will win by knock out. Experience should respect the strength of youth.

I see plenty of random predictions, but I'd appreciate if people hit on points highlighted by the video. Whether you agree or disagree. That's why I posted it, after all. And thanks for watching.

Canelos youth and vigor will overcome. It's going to play a very big hand in this fight imo.

The closer this fight get, the more I see Canelo winning.

I actually picked Cotto initially, but I think the mileage on Cotto's tires will be the difference. I wouldn't be blown away if Canelo lands something early and dominates the entire fight.

That said, I'd really like to see Cotto get the win here. I've always liked Cotto.

I'm actually leaning that way as well now. Might be one too many big fights for Cotto. Cinnamon has been improving every time he steps in the ring. He handled Kirkland like a total boss the way he would tie him up when he got close early when Kirkland was throwing bombs, then the jab to the stomach followed by he KO cross was a thing of beauty. In no way was it a lucky catch, he saw it, he baited the hands to drop and lit him up. Miguel is damn good but at this point the youth and probably equal RIQ, I'm having trouble figuring out what physical attributes would give Cotto the edge. Miguel Cotto needs to take Canelo into deep waters and see if he can take the lead down the stretch. That's the only way I see Cotto winning.

Canelo is so poised and seems to be set mentally to be the man in boxing.

The closer this fight get, the more I see Canelo winning.

I actually picked Cotto initially, but I think the mileage on Cotto's tires will be the difference. I wouldn't be blown away if Canelo lands something early and dominates the entire fight.

That said, I'd really like to see Cotto get the win here. I've always liked Cotto.

Smart man.

I'm actually leaning that way as well now. Might be one too many big fights for Cotto. Cinnamon has been improving every time he steps in the ring. He handled Kirkland like a total boss the way he would tie him up when he got close early when Kirkland was throwing bombs, then the jab to the stomach followed by he KO cross was a thing of beauty. In no way was it a lucky catch, he saw it, he baited the hands to drop and lit him up. Miguel is damn good but at this point the youth and probably equal RIQ, I'm having trouble figuring out what physical attributes would give Cotto the edge. Miguel Cotto needs to take Canelo into deep waters and see if he can take the lead down the stretch. That's the only way I see Cotto winning.

Canelo is so poised and seems to be set mentally to be the man in boxing.

So you didn't find anything worrying in the moments Kirkland was pressing, which I included in the last part of the video?

Physical attributes are nice, but at the elite level they're not usually what wins fights. Canelo is very smart on his own though.

So you didn't find anything worrying in the moments Kirkland was pressing, which I included in the last part of the video?

Physical attributes are nice, but at the elite level they're not usually what wins fights. Canelo is very smart on his own though.

Canelo has confidence in his own ability to take a punch, that is pretty clear. Whenever he has been backed up, he stays calm and rides the aggression out, then usually takes the guys head off in return.

Cotto can't press this fight because he simply cannot take the punishment that would come from the counter combinations. Cotto is great, but he's not a fighter that can take shots like that.

He will most likely try and outbox Canelo but I struggle to see how he will be able to stop the body shots and left uppercut in particular. He's not a great defensive fighter or super quick on his feet.

Cotto a great fighter but I'm going with Canelo in this one UD victory

Back