Cote is a good example of what's wrong about low fighter pay

maybe they should have cut cote after he lost 3 in a row back in 2010 and had a ufc record of 3-7. That would have freed up tons of cash for those poor poor fighters.

Edit: oh wait they did

Well they should have told him to stay out!

Cote was cut & had to win 4 fights before returning to The UFC

....This was a great fight.

Cote's last bunch of fights have not been. Quite a few duds in fact.

yeah, the fight ended on a sour note but i wish we would have seen a rematch for it...Legionarius rocked him with some nasty elbows. i think Cote had never been knocked down (or maybe it was finished...cant remember) prior to that:

tumblr_mdplzrjsSm1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

Lauzon has won a shitload of post-fight bonuses

And that was an awesome fight with Cote but I honestly can't remember the last time I said that. He got his win and post-fight bonus, he got some love from the fans, and he will probably get a backroom bonus. Honestly, I doubt even Cote had expectations that high before the fight.And i like Cote but he hasn't been all that exciting over his career.

Cote pleased the crowd tonight, got the TKO for all the Canadian fans and it was awesome to see live

Lauzon has won a shitload of post-fight bonuses

And that was an awesome fight with Cote but I honestly can't remember the last time I said that. He got his win and post-fight bonus, he got some love from the fans, and he will probably get a backroom bonus. Honestly, I doubt even Cote had expectations that high before the fight.And i like Cote but he hasn't been all that exciting over his career.

what's crazy about bonuses tonight is when they said Charles Oliveira had already won $500k in UFC bonuses during his walkout. pretty sure he grew dirt poor as well.

the fuck are you talking about? Cote makes what he deserves.

Dat circular logic, son.

"We know he's getting paid what he is worth because what he is worth he is getting paid."

also, what type of terrible business plan allows the UFC to pay "Exciting fighters" a guaranteed 75/85k" after each fight, regardless of whether or not they won, or if it was "exciting". Huh? What is his incentive to win if he gets paid the same anyways.

I've always loved this terrible logic when it's thrown around. By your logic people who have millions should be sitting around doing nothing all day. Fact is, those that are most successful will continue to work hard.

Making sure people are paid well doesn't make them lazy. Lazy people sometimes make money and allow themselves to be lazy.

what's crazy about bonuses tonight is when they said Charles Oliveira had already won $500k in UFC bonuses during his walkout. pretty sure he grew dirt poor as well.

Damn, I didn't know Olivera had made that much in bonuses

I still think it is bullshit they took away KO and Sub of the night. And when there wasn't a sub you just give it to the 2nd best KO or best fight performance. The only reason to move from that was so they snub or reward whoever they wanted completely arbitrarily.

I'd guess he wracked up quite a few subs of night bonuses back in the day. The change will probably hurt him a lot. That dude just has had some weird luck. But good for him for cashing in early on the bonuses. Netting like 400K extra cash after taxes is a sizable chunk, especially to someone who grew up without much money.

Back