**Costas Philippou injured, out of Uriah Hall fight

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/1...en-injury-bug-2015-urijah-hall-fight-mma-news

First it was Tarrec Saffiedine, and the headliner for the UFC's Broomfield Fight Night went up in smoke. Now, the UFC has been left scrambling for a main card replacement for their January 18th Fight Night card in Boston. New year, same old song and dance. MMAJunkie reports that Costas Philippou has been forced out of his bout against Uriah Hall on the main card of UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver. Sources close to the situation say that the culprit is a rib injury and the UFC is left looking for a replacement on just over two week's notice.

Surprisingly, the injury withdrawal marks just the second time in twelve announced bouts that Philippou has been forced off of a card, the first being due to a cut leading up to a bout against Jacare at UFC on FX 8. Currently the search for a replacement is underway, but given the short notice, it would most likely either have to be an American fighter (or American-based fighter) already on the UFC roster, or a regional welterweight, willing to fight up a division on short notice. The latter of which has increasingly become the common practice of the UFC of late.

Second time in 12 months that Costa is injured.......

Hope they find a replacement of equal value, cause if they get a random journeyman to fill the roll Uriah will destroy him. But that doesn't teach us anything, I'd like to know how he fairs against mid to top tier competition being well prepared and 100%. Guys a beast when he's ON.

Please machida be our hero. I want to see Shotokan vs Kyokushin.

That sucks for Hall, He was on Sonnens podcast a few days ago where he was saying hes been looking forward to this rematch since TUF. Hes gotta be pissed right now.

Philippou already beat him anyway, probably would have done it again, Uriah should fight Bisping next.

Philippou already beat him anyway, probably would have done it again, Uriah should fight Bisping next.

Fuck I was really looking forward to this fight, I wish bisping would take it but I'm not sure he'd be willing specially on such a short notice, where's sonnen when you need him?

That works! Poor Samman is probably in the middle of an injury though.

Did you hear about his dog? His dog was essentially his best friend, got him through the injuries and death of his girlfriend. Then, after he gets home from the Gordon fight, he has to put the dog down because he was really sick.

I read that and teared up.

Hope they find a replacement of equal value, cause if they get a random journeyman to fill the roll Uriah will destroy him. But that doesn't teach us anything, I'd like to know how he fairs against mid to top tier competition being well prepared and 100%. Guys a beast when he's ON.

It'll be someone random I'm guessing. The UFC loves to bring in outside untested talent because they are willing to even on a days notice because they usually get a contract out of it. Hall via spinning kick of doom

If they want a good scrap bring in Clint Hester

If they want a brutal knockout then let Hall kick Cathal Pendred's head into the nosebleed section

If they want a good scrap bring in Clint Hester

If they want a brutal knockout then let Hall kick Cathal Pendred's head into the nosebleed section

I'm with this. Being Connor on the main card too. Cathal head is so big though, it'll be the easiest target

Did you hear about his dog? His dog was essentially his best friend, got him through the injuries and death of his girlfriend. Then, after he gets home from the Gordon fight, he has to put the dog down because he was really sick.

I read that and teared up.

That's fucking awful. I hope samman wins a championship one day for all his troubles.

On topic, I'd like to see either samman, sexyama, or even bisping (if he could make it in time) take this fight.

Edit: was just reminded about hester, that would be a very Explosive match up.

Well looks like 2015 won't be so different from 2014 then...

What's Cedenblad up too? Figured he would end up on the Sweden card. He'd bring a fight. As would Roger Narvaez or Krzysztof Jotko.

Back