Media Costa the hypocrite

Still trying to figure out what his strategy was coming into this fight...aside from stay on outside at Iggy's range getting picked apart and playing into Iggy's strengths of course.

Sadly, I think you can add taunting to that short list and that's about it.

Damn

any links or resources I should check out?
Now it is about 40% good, but only because some forced social assistance programs that change perception momentarily. This is going down again soon, when the help ends. Dec/2019 was 29%, for instance.

Just for comparison, the best one (by the people), Lula, had 80+% around a decade ago. Ok, we are into a pandemic, but this is not the problem: the problem is this dumb and his incompetent "team", majority of army who never administered anything in life and they even almost tried a coup d'état recently lol, 2020 with brains of 1964, bunch of coup plotters, scalawags, traitors of the nation. Also a true story.

I'll provide some links later, but all in portuguese, sorry. Use the browser translation.

(And sorry for my Paulo Costa English.)

edit: Some video of a famous Brazilian youtuber in the New York Times talking about the situation.

If you are a Trump supporter, just ignore and focus on Bolsonaro.

Last edited:
Didn't that little guy with the white glasses say he had Izzy's whole team figured out from Dan Hooker to Volkanovski, Israel, etc and then that happens..? LoL I had no dog in that fight but for Izzy to shut that little twerp up who thought he was cool I'm happy. Can't stand that little fucker tbh.

he got a kickboxer in, dyed his hair pink and used him to simulate Izzy. Then claimed Costa was ready and would murder Izzy cause Costa was getting the better of this training partner guy.

Then claimed it would be easier in the actual fighter cause the training partner was better than Izzy....

No, he wasnt trying to conserve energy he did try to pressure his opponent and take the fight to him but he couldn't do it because adesanya was that much better than him.

He only tried in the last minute of the first round. As soon as the fight started, before Izzy even did anything at all Costa was not pressuring. The finish didn't come when Costa was pressuring, it came when Costa was engaging out in the open in Izzy's type of fight. Sounds like you just saw what you wanted to see rather than what transpired.

Oh man I hope Costa fights a guy that English is his first language next.

The trash talking is going to be amazing. So much content out there now. Costa is going to be destroyed mentally.

Costa might be heavily tramautized from this. We'll see his next fight....
He might be so focused on not getting tkod, he's gonna rush in and get caught.
Specially with faints.

He wanted to cruise the first few rounds and come forward later in order not to blow his gas tank before the championship rounds.
Obviously it didn't work.

Source? Haven't heard him or his team say what the gameplan was but I assumed it was them refusing to chase Israel and to catch him coming in instead but Adesyana hardly came in the pocket long enough.

Still trying to figure out what his strategy was coming into this fight...aside from stay on outside at Iggy's range getting picked apart and playing into Iggy's strengths of course.
I agree his strategy was baffling but in fairness izzy poses a strategic problem for anyone that wants to strike with him.

Izzy is both a rangey fighter and a superb counter striker.

which means you need to pick your poison with him.

stay outside and get picked apart or stalk him and fall into traps.

He is shit matchup for most strikers.

He only tried in the last minute of the first round. As soon as the fight started, before Izzy even did anything at all Costa was not pressuring. The finish didn't come when Costa was pressuring, it came when Costa was engaging out in the open in Izzy's type of fight. Sounds like you just saw what you wanted to see rather than what transpired.

I posted the following in a different thread but it bears mention In this one also.

This video explains very clearly why costa seemed frozen - it was all due to adesanya's very clever tactics that his coaches designed for costa as well as his own fight IQ.

There is a large gap skill wise in kickboxing technique and nous between them but the bigger gap is actually in their fight IQ. Adesanya was controlling the entire fight because he played costa like he was his puppeteer. Feints, fakes, glove control etc every time costa tried to set up for an attack adesanya came at him with many feints and fakes and stopped him in his tracks and confused him.completely. Every weakness was exploited for example costa's tendency to leave his leading leg in place when he ate a feint and swayed back to avoid what be thought was a jab coming, and then came the leg kick.

At times he even used costa's pride against him - for example he fainted a leg kick and costa leaped back and then adesanya motioned to his heart at costa to tell him costa was fooled and he is afraid of the leg kick which caused costa to defiantly move forward and plant his lead leg down and this time the real.leg kick came and cracked his leg.

Costa is so far from.adesanya's level that he should not even think of fighting adesanya again u till he drastically improves his kickboxing tactical game and gets better coaches, or he retools it altogether and learns wrestling takedowns and looks to take down instead and get better coaches to help him do that. Costa's existing fight game is good enough for most of tbe fighters he will face in fc as they are at his level but when he tries to challenge a fighter with the level that adesanya has, he needs major upgrades and total makeovers mentally and technique wise. He alao needs to get rid of a lot of muscle though because his gas tank is limited because of all that u necessary weight he is carrying and whether he wants to do tbe first or the second he needsmuh greater endurance and especially In the second.

Can we please stop hearing any more excuses that costa froze because of being drunk, or because he was nervous or because he was adopting a gameplan to be "patient" and not rush in? He didnt rush in as he usually does because adesanya caused him not to - not because of a conscious plan of costa.

I posted the following in a different thread but it bears mention In this one also.

This video explains very clearly why costa seemed frozen - it was all due to adesanya's very clever tactics that his coaches designed for costa as well as his own fight IQ.

There is a large gap skill wise in kickboxing technique and nous between them but the bigger gap is actually in their fight IQ. Adesanya was controlling the entire fight because he played costa like he was his puppeteer. Feints, fakes, glove control etc every time costa tried to set up for an attack adesanya came at him with many feints and fakes and stopped him in his tracks and confused him.completely. Every weakness was exploited for example costa's tendency to leave his leading leg in place when he ate a feint and swayed back to avoid what be thought was a jab coming, and then came the leg kick.

At times he even used costa's pride against him - for example he fainted a leg kick and costa leaped back and then adesanya motioned to his heart at costa to tell him costa was fooled and he is afraid of the leg kick which caused costa to defiantly move forward and plant his lead leg down and this time the real.leg kick came and cracked his leg.

Costa is so far from.adesanya's level that he should not even think of fighting adesanya again u till he drastically improves his kickboxing tactical game and gets better coaches, or he retools it altogether and learns wrestling takedowns and looks to take down instead and get better coaches to help him do that. Costa's existing fight game is good enough for most of tbe fighters he will face in fc as they are at his level but when he tries to challenge a fighter with the level that adesanya has, he needs major upgrades and total makeovers mentally and technique wise. He alao needs to get rid of a lot of muscle though because his gas tank is limited because of all that u necessary weight he is carrying and whether he wants to do tbe first or the second he needsmuh greater endurance and especially In the second.

Can we please stop hearing any more excuses that costa froze because of being drunk, or because he was nervous or because he was adopting a gameplan to be "patient" and not rush in? He didnt rush in as he usually does because adesanya caused him not to - not because of a conscious plan of costa.

You quoted the wrong person, adesanya won because was on the juice though...

You quoted the wrong person, adesanya won because was on the juice though...

I replied to a poster who had replied to me...why do you say I quoted the wrong person? Or do you mean you do not think highly of the author of that video? If you disagree with that analysis perhaps you can interact with the points he made and show why he was wrong? I agree with what luke thomas said there and it is self evident clear from.the video clips that that was how and why it transpired the way it did.

On your suggestion adesanya was using ped, none of that mental game can be affected at all by ped. Adesanya didnt overcome Costa through brute force or being faster than him per se. He did it because he was a much smarter fighter and he had much better preparation tactically from.his coaches. In fact it is astonishing how one can even levy ped allegation against adesanya when costa himself looks the way he does and has the muscle mass and definition that he does...

We should aspire to look at fights not deceived by the musculature of the fighters and how big and intimidating they look or posture- which is how the mainstream population would see it, but look at them how fighters themselves will.see tham. Adesanya saw costa and the way he had fought in previous fights and saw an easy fight because he and his coaches saw all his weaknesses and how to exploit them to defeat him. As a result he controlled their fight from start to finish and made costa look like a rank amateur.

Izzy was right
Dude is like a little dog, bark bark bark
Gets in the cage face to face, nothing

"I don't make excuse, but something happened before the fight"

Another one from the Big Book of Brazilian Excuses

Hey Costa
Fuck off, you lost

Back