Correct snub nose revolver technique.

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I feel that I was led astray by YouTube. People make such a big deal about the difference in shooting a revolver with a heavy trigger, and I really struggled putting all the ideas into practice. Recently I decided to just ignore the differences and shoot it with the pad of my index finger like a Glock, and I instantly dramatically improved my accuracy. I'm hitting 10/10 on human bust silhouette at 25 yards, which is far better than what most people advocate trying.

I think talk of the differences is overblown unless you are training for a revolver target shooting competition.

Something like this, I'd imagine. Then throw after its empty

b45.gif

Depends on a few things. A huge one is whether you are talking about a double action trigger pull, vs. a cocked back single action shot. Trigger technique will often differ greatly.

(In general, with a snubnose, I personally prefer to use the middle pad for double action, & the distant pad for single action only. However, I rarely train revolvers in single action -- I mostly think of them as double action weapons, & thus most often train them as such.)

Also some X factors like the size of your hands, what kind of grips are on the particular revolver, etc. These details can make a huge difference.

One tip that does go across all revolvers, grip types, & hand variations though... When pulling the trigger on a double action revolver, whether making contact with the distant pad of your trigger or the middle pad: Pull the trigger in a downward-angled chop with the edge of the finger, as if pulling it diagonally down toward your pinky / bottom of the firearm grip, rather than pulling the trigger straight back, toward your trigger finger knuckle / top of the grip. This downward angle chop of the trigger finger can greatly increase your control of the pull, for a more stabilized use of the weapon overall, & increased accuracy.

I feel that I was led astray by YouTube. People make such a big deal about the difference in shooting a revolver with a heavy trigger, and I really struggled putting all the ideas into practice. Recently I decided to just ignore the differences and shoot it with the pad of my index finger like a Glock, and I instantly dramatically improved my accuracy. I'm hitting 10/10 on human bust silhouette at 25 yards, which is far better than what most people advocate trying.

I think talk of the differences is overblown unless you are training for a revolver target shooting competition.

If you're making hits with that thing at 25, then you're doing it right, whatever you're doing.

Back