International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch your nuts folks

Would you take a look at that...

“It’s one thing to deplore eugenics on ideological, political, moral grounds,” Mr. Dawkins tweeted to his 2.8 millions followers. “It’s quite another to conclude that it wouldn’t work in practice. Of course it would. It works for cows, horses, pigs, dogs & roses. Why on earth wouldn’t it work for humans? Facts ignore ideology.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wa...d-dawkins-slammed-for-saying-of-course-eugen/

<Dylan>

I actually posted this in the Mayberry thread. We do have a drug that is basically an ACE2 inhibitor, and it's in commercial use. It's called Camostat Mesilate. It works by inhibiting the TMPRSS2 protein which prevents the binding of the coronavirus to the lung cells. Japan has been using this for pancreatitis. From what I understand the FDA hasn't given the approval for use in treating Covid-19. Right now it feels that the CDC and FDA have been harming us more than helping us in this pandemic.

The Koreans also use immunosuppressive drugs in conjunction with antivirals for treatment in order to manage the potential cytokine storm. Along with their aggressive testing, this could be why their death rate is so much lower. We really need our national government agencies to be more flexible and proactive, instead of hamstringing local labs, agencies and hospitals.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/german-researchers-covid-19-drug/
FDA can eat shit at this point. They already fucked us over with the test kits.

Well my city went bonkers and bought up all the toilet paper. Sigh...
Canada won't be wiped out of toilet paper, says leading manufacturer
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...turer/ar-BB118dhh?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

A leading Canadian toilet paper manufacturer says its factories are working overtime to meet a surge in demand caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and vows any shortages will be short-lived.

"What you're seeing in shortages on shelves with customers is the fact that we have not been able to supply quickly enough to meet the spike in demand," said Dino Bianco, the chief executive officer of Kruger Products.

The Mississauga, Ont.-based company produces about a third of all tissue products in Canada, under brands like Cashmere, Purex, Scotties, White Swan and SpongeTowels.

While the stockpiling to prepare for COVID-19 may leave some store shelves bare, Bianco said Canadians shouldn't panic over the possibility the country could run out of toilet paper.

"We're producing it, we've got people working overtime, we're expediting shipments to customers to make sure we continue to service the needs of consumers," he said.

Canada won't be wiped out of toilet paper, says leading manufacturer
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...turer/ar-BB118dhh?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

A leading Canadian toilet paper manufacturer says its factories are working overtime to meet a surge in demand caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and vows any shortages will be short-lived.

"What you're seeing in shortages on shelves with customers is the fact that we have not been able to supply quickly enough to meet the spike in demand," said Dino Bianco, the chief executive officer of Kruger Products.

The Mississauga, Ont.-based company produces about a third of all tissue products in Canada, under brands like Cashmere, Purex, Scotties, White Swan and SpongeTowels.

While the stockpiling to prepare for COVID-19 may leave some store shelves bare, Bianco said Canadians shouldn't panic over the possibility the country could run out of toilet paper.

"We're producing it, we've got people working overtime, we're expediting shipments to customers to make sure we continue to service the needs of consumers," he said.
I live 45 minutes from the Scott building in New West, where I've heard that they're working an entire extra shift 7 days a week to meet the demand.

Stores might have run out but there's plenty on it's way and plenty to spare after that.

The latest developments on COVID-19 in Canada
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ovid-19-in-canada/ar-BB118MHt?ocid=spartanntp

A fourth person in Manitoba has tested positive for COVID-19.

The province says the man, who is in his 40s, appears to have been exposed to the virus during recent travels to South Korea, the Philippines and Japan.

The three other cases in Manitoba also appear to be travel-related.

Two more provinces are suspending jury trials.

Alberta Court of Queen's Bench is temporarily suspending all upcoming jury trials and jury selection, effective immediately, until May 31 or further notice.

In a news release, Alberta Courts said the decision applies to all jury trials and jury selections that have not yet started.

And in Manitoba, all trials scheduled to proceed by judge and jury before June 30 will not proceed with a jury.

The National Police Federation says RCMP officers are concerned about access to protective supplies and equipment to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.

The federation, which represents 20,000 members, says officers are concerned about an insufficient number of nitrile gloves, approved face masks and disinfectant.

Federation president Brian Sauve says questions have also been raised about travel-related quarantines for RCMP members returning from vacation and those who have cross-border residency.

Sauve says first responders cannot voluntarily self-isolate unless they have symptoms or direct exposure to COVID-19, which means protective measures are critical for them.

The RCMP could not immediately be reached for comment.

Three administrative workers at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver have tested positive for COVID-19.

Vancouver Coastal Health says they are in self-isolation at home and are recovering.

Manitoba Courts say they will either be held by judge alone or rescheduled for a later date.

The one jury trial in progress will continue.

I joined the corona club
one of my eldest daughter's teacher came back sick last week from vacation in Italy. all my kids have been quarantined since tuesday (it took one week for the teacher to finally get checked..). And now we are all at home, experiencing some mild symptom (mild head and chest ache and a bit of coughing). Belgium is under lockdown as of today.

Hey man sorry to hear that. Can you confirm and clarify the actual symptoms for yourself and people you know? Lots of different info out there.

I live 45 minutes from the Scott building in New West, where I've heard that they're working an entire extra shift 7 days a week to meet the demand.

Stores might have run out but there's plenty on it's way and plenty to spare after that.

I stole a whole case from work, 40 rolls. I'm set for the year now.

Canada update: Justin is doing fine, health wise.

Its confusing to me whats happened these last 2 and a bit months.

China has this outbreak of an insane virus that seems to be infecting people in Wuhan at an alarming rate.
Old people are dying, many are being hospitalised
A youngish doctor at the centre of the crisis dies from covid-19
A few weeks later a few journalist guys trying to inform the rest of the world get silenced by authorities - then it goes silent
The numbers suddenly drop, and right now we are told China has pretty much stopped it.

Meanwhile, many countries around the world are getting many infections, then you have Iran, Italy and a bunch of other European nations out of control of the spread.
It's like China created a monster and sent it abroad.

I don't trust China's numbers whatsoever.

For example, do you really believe Shangai (tens of millions of people), one of the largest cities and closest port cities to Wuhan really only had 350 confirmed cases? More like 350,000 cases.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/covid-19-new-brunswick-coronavirus-1.5496547

Province shuts down public schools for 2 weeks over COVID-19 concerns
Social Sharing
  • Elizabeth Fraser · CBC News · Posted: Mar 13, 2020 2:42 PM AT | Last Updated: 10 minutes ago

blaine-higgs.jpg

New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs met with other party leaders before announcing school decision. (Photo: Shane Fowler/CBC News)
    Premier Blaine Higgs has announced that all public schools will be closed in New Brunswick for two weeks because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Higgs told reporters Friday night that the closure will begin Monday, and Public Health.

He said Public Health will be monitoring the situation, and the closure could be extended beyond two weeks.

The closure will not affect daycares, as they're considered an essential service.

blaine-higgs.jpg

Higgs said Public Health will be monitoring the situation over the next two weeks. (Photo: Shane Fowler/CBC New)
    The premier also said it hasn't been decided yet whether the school year will be extended into the summer months.

The New Brunswick Health Department announced the province's first case of COVID-19 this week.

The province's chief medical officer said earlier Friday that she would support the government if it decides to close public schools — a question being considered now by an all-party committee.

I knew it. Damn. Time to find a contingency.

@Clippy

I thought that guy was thread banned. What happened?

I think @irish_thug forgot to re-apply the the thread ban list with this version, so some of the flu bros are here to embarrass themselves again, hahaha.

It's okay, almost time for v13 though :)

Don't do the fake news thing.

CNN has expert after expert after expert talking about COVID-19 from MANY angles.

CNN should be thanked for reporting at length in regards to a true pandemic.
i appreciate the maturity of your response.

@Clippy I guess my kid will be living in Saint John for the next couple of weeks. I'm going to hold you personally responsible if anything happens to her!

<You11>

All that stuff said about Google building a screening website was apparently just completely made up.

All that stuff said about Google building a screening website was apparently just completely made up.

Well no shit, why would google build a website to screen people for a disease? That makes approximately 0 sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back