• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Coronavirus Breaking News, v11: NBA Cancelled. Tom Hanks Infected. U.S Bans Travels From Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really I thought end of April will just be it peaking in the US.

Yeah, no way will everything be back to "normal" by April or May. We can't even get people to stop going to concerts and people are getting pissed that sporting events are being cancelled. This isn't gonna drop or even plateau until people get serious about social distancing.

Just saw this on the Philly Subreddit

""A Philadelphia School District teacher gave the grim news this week: A relative had tested positive for the coronavirus, and he had been in close contact with the family member recently.

The Randolph High School teacher informed his students on Wednesday, then the principal sent the teacher home to isolate for two weeks" From the Inquirer about 20 mins ago"

The teacher went into the school to tell his students he would be quarantining himself .

Needless to say my kids will be going to private school

Seems like a fake story.

This shit is going to fucking end Trump. The response has been cataclysmically bad.
Besides welding doors shut and basically reducing all freedoms from US citizens, what do you expect? I don’t think everything he’s said is in touch but people would be bitching about him being a tyrant if he took the steps China took.

This shit is going to fucking end Trump. The response has been cataclysmically bad.

That stupid tweet of the flu being worse is going to be on every billboard in America in a few months if Biden is smart. Trump will look like the biggest ass on the planet when the bodies start piling up.

Besides welding doors shut and basically reducing all freedoms from US citizens, what do you expect? I don’t think everything he’s said is in touch but people would be bitching about him being a tyrant if he took the steps China took.
Do what South Korea and Singapore did. Aggressive testing and contact tracing of infected patients. America is at a massive massive shortage of available testing kits.

The spectrum of possible responses ranges much wider than "doing nothing" and "China." You realize that, right?

Pretty much. CNN is currently shedding crocodile tears over the European travel ban.

We should have restricted travel weeks ago. Testing and treatment should be made free. They should make unlimited paid-time-off for anyone infected. We don't need to give anyone an excuse at all to get sick and not get treatment immediately. As it stands now, I know most people just say they will not even bother getting tested because they can't afford it, and won't take time off work because they lack the PTO.

Just to clarify, the blame doesn't fall soley on Trump. Chuck Schumer criticized Trump for restricting travel with China a month ago, so Congress is certainly being slow too. WHO defended China for months, telling us this was a nothingburger, so they certainly deserve criticism also. But Trump certainly is part of the problem, instead of leading the solution.

That stupid tweet of the flu being worse is going to be on every billboard in America in a few months if Biden is smart. Trump will look like the biggest ass on the planet when the bodies start piling up.
I was almost certain that he was going for an easy re-election but the state the economy will be in and the complete overwhelming of the hospitals pretty soon make it highly likely he won't survive it.

You quit your job because of coronavirus? Oh my...
Youre damn right i did. I work in the concert industry where large crowds gather shoulder to shoulder and all the venues in my city are still open and doing everything they can to stay open...they are not seeing the public health and safety issues...concerts are dangerous right now and probably wont even be happening as soon as one becomes a cluster.

nba,mls suspended seasons,MLB might be next all that is left is nhl.

EDIT:i was told nhl suspended their season

Last edited:
Pretty much. CNN is currently shedding crocodile tears over the European travel ban.
It's not even a real ban. You can take the train from Paris to London in 2 hours and catch a flight to JFK.

Listen up everyone, don't forget to take a break from this shit where you can

I swear the beer I just drank was the best tasting beer I've had in years after spending the day reading this.

Fucking love you guys, all of you, hug a loved one for me when you get home. Those of you on the front line, whether reporting news or involved in health care in any way, I bow down. Sincerely

Here's to you guys, stay golden

@Clippy get your gummys out

f83b4f0acde44b8157bd7e4da7d50b67--beer-food-belgian-beer.jpg

Listen up everyone, don't forget to take a break from this shit where you can

I swear the beer I just drank was the best tasting beer I've had in years after spending the day reading this.

Fucking love you guys, all of you, hug a loved one for me when you get home. Those of you on the front line, whether reporting news or involved in health care in any way, I bow down. Sincerely

Here's to you guys, stay golden

@Clippy get your gummys out

f83b4f0acde44b8157bd7e4da7d50b67--beer-food-belgian-beer.jpg

I need to stock up on those too thanks for reminder

Seems like a fake story.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/cor...r-randolph-high-school-nicetown-20200312.html

"A Philadelphia School District teacher gave the grim news this week: A relative had tested positive for the coronavirus, and he had been in close contact with the family member recently.

The Randolph High School teacher informed his students on Wednesday, then the principal sent the teacher home to isolate for two weeks.

What followed was panic: Staff had questions, students had questions, but it seemed no one could provide answers."

Omg tsn talking about the virus is nauseating. These idiots are fucking retarded saying Rudy testing positive saved the world by getting nba cancelled... i Quote “ if and athlete of this caliber can test positive we are on notice “. . Someone get them a doctor to talk to.

My county cancels public gatherings of over 25 people. Encouraging, but not banning, all others to do the same noting churches and high school sporting events.

My county does not yet have a Coronavirus patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back