Cormier's strength feats at HW do not translate to LHW

Seriously, stfu. DC has lost practically no muscle cutting- he did a slow, intelligent diet which lost his body fat with minimal muscle loss. When he fought Nelson (who he ragdolled with ease) he'd already started dropping weight. The difference in strength now compared to HW is going to be very minimal- he may even be stronger with a harder training regime if anything.

Weight=/=strength, and technique=/=strength. He is strong as fuck anyway, and his lifts are a result of impeccable wrestling technique. If he fought Barnett under LHW restrictions, he would toss him around exactly the same IMO- same with all the guys he's fought.

Jones is losing his title.

I don't have the numbers in front of me as far as what weight Cormier was fighting at while a heavyweight, but I know he wasn't a large heavyweight and he was said to be about 225 for the Hendo fight, so I can't imagine the difference is too huge. He may lose a bit of strength by dropping some of that weight, but I'd imagine he's still one of the strongest guys at 205.

Back