Cormier vs 205 division (not named Jon Jones)

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Everybody talks about how DC would do against Bones, but few talk about how would he do against the rest of the 205ers. How do you see DC doing against Rampage, Machida, Shogun, Guss and Rashad?
Imo if DC manages to cut weight properly he would dismantle Rampage and Shogun. Guss would be a hard one though i think he would wressle him into a decision. Rashad has nowherenear the wresslin that DC has, he would lose as well. Machida is the only guy that i see doing well against DC, I cannot pick a winner on that one. (btw i think jones would beat dc at 205, at hw he gets dismantled though.)
So DC destroys Rampage and Shogun, it would be a massacre.
He beats Rashad and Guss convincingly.
I cannot pick a winner between him and Machida.

Last edited:
All the other top 5 or so LHW'S proven and DC is not IMO. There for he gets exposed for being overrated and over hyped

I would like to see Cormier stay at HW and keep the huge speed advantage he has over most guys, but now that Cain is the champ I could see him being discouraged about going for the belt. As for LHW, I think he could do very well until he ran into Machida.

I think Cormier would likely beat most light-heavyweights and he could beat Jones too.

I would like to see Cormier stay at HW and keep the huge speed advantage he has over most guys, but now that Cain is the champ I could see him being discouraged about going for the belt. As for LHW, I think he could do very well until he ran into Machida.

Cormier would be even faster at light-heavyweight.

i think he beats every one not named jon jones, and at HW i have it 50/50.

Cormier would be even faster at light-heavyweight.

So is everyone else at LHW...I remember in some old interview where Kevin Randleman said he was more intimidated by the LHW division more than the HW division because everyone is fast and can hit like HWs. I think HW is still a better fit for Daniel just because he has a much bigger speed advantage than he would at LHW.

So is everyone else at LHW...I remember in some old interview where Kevin Randleman said he was more intimidated by the LHW division more than the HW division because everyone is fast and can hit like HWs. I think HW is still a better fit for Daniel just because he has a much bigger speed advantage than he would at LHW.

Imo Cormier is going to lhw, he just wont be happy staying as #2 or 3 hw because his friend is champ. He will definitely test the lhw waters, it's just a matter of time. No question about it.

Last edited:
i think he matches up well with everyone but machida and Jones, but I still think he could beat them, if shogun was back to his old ways he would also be tough for cormier but not the current shogun

If he has roughly the same abilities that he has shown at HW down at 205, I pick him over everyone except Jones. He has a real chance against Jones, too.

Ha you cant call it against Machida... Thats funny. I think you know as well as anyone with any sense that Machida eats wrestlers alive and DC would be no different. You just dont want to say it.

If he has roughly the same abilities that he has shown at HW down at 205, I pick him over everyone except Jones. He has a real chance against Jones, too.

Imo it's all about how he deals with dat weight cut. He's not that young too.
If he cuts weight properly and it does not affect him though, i see him doing great.

Ha you cant call it against Machida... Thats funny. I think you know as well as anyone with any sense that Machida eats wrestlers alive and DC would be no different. You just dont want to say it.

Dc is not Rashad, Bader, granpa Randy or Tito. His wresslin is on another level.

All depends on his cut. If he can have a good, healthy cut that doesn't stifle his performance, he'll run through the division and give jones a hell of a fight.

Cormier is a whole different animal from the likes of Bader, Tito, Randy and a younger, greener Rashad who just wanted to strike. He's better than all of them at everything except maybe top position JJ and he still did just fine with Barnett on the ground.

DC doesn't want to move to LHW. Can we wait for him to make 205 once before we figure out how fights would go? Or at least sign a fight at LHW?

Impossible to know.. DC is not about cutting weight the dude flat out has to get in shape.. His whole body has to change for 205... Sonnen is a ripped fighter that cuts mad weight for 185 DC is pudgy and flabby...

Yea wrestlers like Jones.

Back