News Cormier received $4m to save MSG card & (added) Lewis received $1m

What kind of injuries? His performance was flawless.

Yes but he was fighting a giant turd.

He had a hand injury. Then the day before sneezed and threw his back out. Almost pulled out the day before.

UFC gets about $9-9.25m from a 250k PPV (pre 2019 deal)
So they would have needed to get 100k in DC buys just to make the move break even

The international TV doesn't change because they are fixed

Plus MSG is the most expensive arena to do a PPV in
Not that DC changed that, but the MSG show was not a real money maker

Makes you wonder what Nate was going to get?

I only really mentioned the fixed oversees amount to guestimate how much the UFC still made from the event, not that it changed if DC was there or not but it would put fighter pay at less than 50% of their income which is good for the UFC when compared to other sports. Most English Premier League football teams pay 50-70% of turnover to their players.

Is DC (and the HW title he brought with him) worth 100k buys? I guess the UFC think (or thought) he was but I'd guess there wouldn't have been much difference to their bottom line if Stipe had fought Lewis.

And with Nate, more than he was worth.

I only really mentioned the fixed oversees amount to guestimate how much the UFC still made from the event, not that it changed if DC was there or not but it would put fighter pay at less than 50% of their income which is good for the UFC when compared to other sports. Most English Premier League football teams pay 50-70% of turnover to their players.

Is DC (and the HW title he brought with him) worth 100k buys? I guess the UFC think (or thought) he was but I'd guess there wouldn't have been much difference to their bottom line if Stipe had fought Lewis.

And with Nate, more than he was worth.

I would think UFC felt it would do better than 250k.

But UFC could take the hit & DC getting a nice payday is great

Deserves every penny class act man and had the balls to go up.

Deserves every penny class act man and had the balls to go up.

Absolutely

But the funny side-story (to this) is Dana must be pissed he reported the amount
Now there is a benchmark for saving a card on short notice

He stepped up and saved a big card, he deserves the payday.

And some morons were shitting on him for picking an "easy" fight against #2 HW in the planet (9-1 since 2016)

Good for the fatty, he deserve it.

If you call that gigantic. Come on DC, you should have held out for more.

Damn, 4M for one the easiest fights in his career. I don't know if Lewis even landed 1 single clean shot. Cormier deserves more for going up and fighting heavyweights though.

Good for DC. Dude deserves it. He has only ever lost to a juiced to the gills jones. So take that paper when you can.

Anyone have the gif of Lewis not even trying to defend the single, but land hammerfists instead while he's about to get dumped on his ass? Hilarous

glad DC got a big payday. he took advantage of an opportunity and stepped up. i don't think he would of risked it if it was someone other than derrick lewis though.

The UFC were backed in to a corner where they actually had to pay their fighters a decent % of the revenue for once. Incredible.

UFC and Bellator should cross promote and have DC vs Fedor, retirement fight for both. (If Fedor beats Bader)

Make it where Fedor is contractually obligated to UFC if he wins, & have Stipe vs whover immediately after. Bellator could have another tournament for their HW belt.

s8DzRw[\img]

Just because Meltzer says it, doesn't make it news. It is his opinion, unless sourced otherwise.

Reporters have to interview fighters, or their managers, or the employers (Dana/UFC) to get this type of info, and cite it in their report...in order for it to be news.
Otherwise it is Meltzer's estimate, aka opinion... which is more of a rumor than news.

Take it with a grain...

Back