News Cormier received $4m to save MSG card & (added) Lewis received $1m

Meltzer:
It was well known that Daniel Cormier got a gigantic payday to fight hurt and save the 11/4 Madison Square Garden show in his title defense against Derrick Lewis.
The actual payday he got for the fight was $4 million, which tells you why he did it one week after telling people the earliest he could fight would be January
Well he did say the money was too good to pass up....

I hate the guy as a colour commentator but good on him for getting paid to fight.
how can anyone hate him as a commentator?? he is brillant. MUCH better than kenflo, annik, bisping

With how little the buys wound up & how expensive MSG is to run (plus NYC being expensive)
I wonder how much they wound up with by adding him?

Probably wasn't worth it. His mains without Jones never do that well.

UFC and Bellator should cross promote and have DC vs Fedor, retirement fight for both. (If Fedor beats Bader)

Make it where Fedor is contractually obligated to UFC if he wins, & have Stipe vs whover immediately after. Bellator could have another tournament for their HW belt.
And then... and then UFC can hold a one night open weight tournament in a ring using Pride rules!

And Goldie will be there with Rogan and the opening round is Fedor vs Randy

With how little the buys wound up & how expensive MSG is to run (plus NYC being expensive)
I wonder how much they wound up with by adding him?
A lot more than they would have by having to eat the costs for securing MSG and then refunding all the tickets and getting no revenue from PPV.

Thats probably more than he was counting on for a Brock fight.

That covers chicken,cake,nintendo switches for the kids and the rest taken to the Cormier family vaults

And then... and then UFC can hold a one night open weight tournament in a ring using Pride rules!

And Goldie will be there with Rogan and the opening round is Fedor vs Randy
Add this and I'll go along with it
dac347d5c833aeab613b25779fdb21f0--jean-claude-van-damme-fan-fanatics.jpg

I doubt they thought it would draw that little
But for sure they wanted to save face in NYC, because all the media there.
Maybe they had a contractual obligation to have a title fight on the card.

Always good to hear one the guys that does it right getting paid.

They were forced into relying on DC because the Jones fight fell through due to picograms.

Black Beast would have gone deep on you.

Nice for DC.. he deserves the money. Good guy and ATG fighter.

I would have squirmed a little, but I’d take it like a champ for a million. Twice.

4 million reasons to take that fight good for him.

Back