Cormier Post Fight Interview with Ariel Helwani

He should try and make MW. He does seem to have a lot of flab, I'd say it is in the realm of possibility.

He looked drained at 205, would like to see him go back up to HW, I think that's where his true potential lies, but as long as Cain is there he ain't going to do it. He's backed himself into a corner.

was about to bite myself but then I saw the double yellows
keep going

I don't see any double yellows and I also bit. I have just seen too many posts about him retiring I finally had to say something.

No offense to DC, but I think he's ready to retire. After tonight he proved he doesn't belong in the UFC.

WTF is with this comment. He's the only fighter Jones has ever faced that wasn't knocked senseless during the fight. He had the most dominate round of the fight.

Sure he lost a decision, but he acquitted himself well. Jones should be thanking him because in order to be great you have to beat guys like him.

Man that was tough :/

I genuinly feel bad for DC.

He would have made a great champion

It's not trolling, the guy looked slow and out of shape. He was gassed by the 3rd round. It also became evident that he has never been hurt in his career. He admitted it in this fight. I think we found out that DC is tough as long as he's winning, but the second he actually starts getting hit he breaks mentally. This is a tough business, and it's not for everyone.

good thing he's banned.

DC did the best anybody ever has against Jones. Round 2 was jones worst round of all time. And DC's the only fighter Jones has ever faced that was never rocked or in trouble.

He looked drained at 205, would like to see him go back up to HW, I think that's where his true potential lies, but as long as Cain is there he ain't going to do it. He's backed himself into a corner.

Meh. Doesn't change the fact he had a lot of extra fat on him, especially compared to Jones. I personally thought he was (techniques aside) severely outgunned in the strength department, which he obviously wasn't expecting at all. Couldn't break Jones's grips, got pushed to the fence in almost every clinch exchange (when not punching). Visually all the casual friends I watched it with tonight said DC looked way smaller. And also called him pudgy lol. I agreed. I think he needs to gain 5-8 lb of lean muscle but more importantly get acclimated to staying at a low bodyfat % even when not at camp.

This is also part of the reason why it frustrates me so much about DC tonight. He was exerting so much futile strength/effort when trying to grapple with Jones, yet while striking was easily finding his punching range and doing damage with his dirty boxing. When he gasses out, instead of trying to finish (which was clearly his only way of winning) he proceeds to gas out some more with useless TDs. Like come on man.

Hard to watch. I wanted Jones to win, but that doesn't mean I like seeing Cormier lose. Dude is a bear and fun to watch. He just has the misfortune of not being able to fight his training partner, and then having to fight the GOAT in the 205 division for the belt there. Tough situation for him and he certainly has the skill to be better than the perennial runner up.

DC did the best anybody ever has against Jones. Round 2 was jones worst round of all time. And DC's the only fighter Jones has ever faced that was never rocked or in trouble.
what are you talking about fool
Gustafsson gave jones an actually beating.

No offense to DC, but I think he's ready to retire. After tonight he proved he doesn't belong in the UFC.

RIP Unicorn. This guy/girl/thing was in every single thread the last week or so. Just figured Unicorn was trying to climb the belt ranks quickly so that no one would make fun of him.

35 years old is young man, he will come back strong.

Meh. Doesn't change the fact he had a lot of extra fat on him, especially compared to Jones. I personally thought he was (techniques aside) severely outgunned in the strength department, which he obviously wasn't expecting at all. Couldn't break Jones's grips, got pushed to the fence in almost every clinch exchange (when not punching). Visually all the casual friends I watched it with tonight said DC looked way smaller. And also called him pudgy lol. I agreed. I think he needs to gain 5-8 lb of lean muscle but more importantly get acclimated to staying at a low bodyfat % even when not at camp.

This is also part of the reason why it frustrates me so much about DC tonight. He was exerting so much futile strength/effort when trying to grapple with Jones, yet while striking was easily finding his punching range and doing damage with his dirty boxing. When he gasses out, instead of trying to finish (which was clearly his only way of winning) he proceeds to gas out some more with useless TDs. Like come on man.

Joe Rogan called it correctly .... DC mentally became more focus on his pride as a wrestler to land at least one takedown on Jones than he was trying to win by the fifth round.

His ego not just as an MMA fighter but as a wrestier was bruised.

His corner was yelling at him to disengage and instead stand and bang since a KO was his only chance. DC wasn't listening anymore.

i thought dc put up a good fight, it's not like he got finished, he went 5 hard rounds with the champ and came up short. who knows what would happen in a rematch. he's gone 5 rounds now, so he knows what it's like. there is no training that will prepare you for that. you have to experience it first hand.

He should try for 185, honestly. He should take six months or so to get down.

DC did the best anybody ever has against Jones. Round 2 was jones worst round of all time.

aad5c-9.gif

Sure thing, bro.

Your tears are delicious, DC

b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

Back