Cormier Post Fight Interview with Ariel Helwani

A streak of domination of top 10 HWs halted by a dec to the LHW GOAT, and he's ready to retire? Sherdog at it's finest everyone, get it while it's hot!

Now he knows he can't beat Jones. He can't beat Cain. So fighting for a belt is out. That leaves him fighting non-championship fights. He's a guy who used to go for the top in his entire career. Now he can't do that. He's 36 years old. Does he want to fight guys for fun (and endure the weight cut which he doesn't like)? He has a very good job commentating, so his future is secure. It makes a lot of sense to retire.

Now he knows he can't beat Jones. He can't beat Cain. So fighting for a belt is out. That leaves him fighting non-championship fights. He's a guy who used to go for the top in his entire career. Now he can't do that. He's 36 years old. Does he want to fight guys for fun (and endure the weight cut which he doesn't like)? He has a very good job commentating, so his future is secure. It makes a lot of sense to retire.

It seriously does. I bet he could make more money coaching and commentating than a lot of fighters do actually fighting.

DC just got beat by a master tonight, aside from Gus he would probably take all the other light heavies out. Like him or hate him Jones proved he is the man tonight.

Both Cormier and Sonnen (after the fight) both said similar thing... that Jones felt big in the clinch.. or bigger than they expected. I think its JJ's frame and upperbody mass...as I don't think JJ would outweigh them by much.

DC just got beat by a master tonight, aside from Gus he would probably take all the other light heavies out. Like him or hate him Jones proved he is the man tonight.

At the end of the day this is a true statement. JBJ is the best in the LHW division and there is no disputing that. I personally do not like the guy's character but respect the hell out of his toughness and ability to beat all his opponents at their own game! The guy is truly an amazing fighter and no matter what, he is the man.

After he has finished cleaning out the division at LHW, I would really be interested in seeing him put on more weight and move up to HW. I think he would do some damage in that division as well and has the potential to be the third UFC fighter to have held two division titles. As a fight fan, I can only hope this scenario eventually pans out. I was always hoping the Spider would have made his LHW title run but alas, now I am counting on Bones and even Aldo to make the two division championship run.

Feeling bad for the guy. DC will be back though.

No offense to DC, but I think he's ready to retire. After tonight he proved he doesn't belong in the UFC.

Trol or not, there is a point to that! He made his road to the title and got beaten by a guy he truly believed he could rag doll. Without the title in his horizon, it's gonna be hard to find motivation.

Stick a fork in DC 'cause he's done.

You should check out Unicorn Princes status and eventual fate before posting some more.

DC is far from done young troll. He is still a LHW top 3....Jones is just the greatest LHW of his time.

God damn, that was hard to watch. I have so much respect for DC. No shame in losing to the champ. You can tell he did everything he could do and that he's just broken because he wasn't good enough.

He makes more money fighting obviously.
If he loses to another LW contender than I can see it
Until he loses again, I think he keeps fighting ...... UNLESS he carries this "boohoo" crap into the next phase of his career

Some of the posts on here have been borderline retarted. He beats everyone at Light Heavyweight except for maybe Rumbe/Gus who are both fighting for the number one contenders spot. So that makes him a top 5 lhw and if he went back to hw he would still be top 5.

He can fight for money now he just has to tell him self a belt is not all that. He would prolly beat Werdum

Glad this Unicorn Princess troll got banned, but he'll be back soon enough writing dumb shit.

Really liking your sig man.

Thanks bruh!

49132-big-bang-theory-fist-bump-gif-U8T5.gif

No offense to DC, but I think he's ready to retire. After tonight he proved he doesn't belong in the UFC.

Why do you guys do this? The guy gets beat ONCE and you're calling for retirement? Are you lacking in so many important factors in life that you just can't see things for what they really are? I mean for you to draw that conclusion tells me a lot about you and your life. You're not a born fighter I will tell you that along with many other things. I don't mean to be so abrasive towards you personally but I have seen this BS many times after the fight on many posts...

Back