Cormier only paid 90k??

Roids

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
wtf? he was undefeated, one of the biggest UFC stars, and just fought in one of the most hyped and biggest main events ever and he only got paid 90k? that's pathetic. Aftet taxes and training costs he would barely get 30k in the hand.

You agree on a contract, when that contract ends you get a better one based on performance. If you wanna go the Diaz route you might get more but also sidelined for a year.

So yeah, 90k

Cormier earned millions on that fight. Believe you me.

Agreed TS, although expect to get flamed by the myriad of Zuffa Zombies here who think that UFC fighters are awesomely paid, or that they should have gone to college and gotten their masters degree if they wanted to earn a real living. lmao

Agreed TS, although expect to get flamed by the myriad of Zuffa Zombies here who think that UFC fighters are awesomely paid, or that they should have gone to college and gotten their masters degree if they wanted to earn a real living. lmao

all it takes is a business degree :)

I sincerely hope he was paid more than his disclosed purse. If not I honestly dunno how ppl ever expect to make it in MMA unless u fight 5 times a year. That shoulda been at least a mil in the bank for Cormier and three times what he got for Jones

Like not everyone can be champ. Lots of guys only get 1-2 really big fights. Hell most don't get any. So They ought to get paid for them. But noooooo they signed a contract and we want you to take this gigantic fight before we discuss a possible raise. It's rubbish. 90K to challenge for the number 1 belt in the number 1 MMA Org is just pathetic. Some Truck drivers earn more. No knock on truck drivers at all btw I'm just saying like god. Cormier shoulda been a truck driver $$$ wise. All MMA fighters Cept the champs could earn more money driving a trailer full of gasoline or luxury cars. Back up tackles make what Cormier did in a tenth of a football season.

Last edited:
If he would have won it would have been 180k right?

I don't tend to concern myself with the "plight" of people who make more than I do.

I'm assuming that's not including the FotN bonus

Not at all, but we'll flame the shit outta you if you don't understand a basic concept like a contract.

90k to show 90 k to win i assume.

180k is more than joes aldo gets i think

90K for the biggest UFC title fight in years against the most dominant champ... ufc pay is fking sad. 90k is not net take home, that 90k is gross..he still has to pay trainers/camp, mgmt. fees, taxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back