Cormier only paid 90k??

Agreed TS, although expect to get flamed by the myriad of Zuffa Zombies here who think that UFC fighters are awesomely paid, or that they should have gone to college and gotten their masters degree if they wanted to earn a real living. lmao

As opposed to the clueless Dana haters who shit on Dana and Zuffa no matter what they do?

I'm no zombie, son. But I'm a man. And I believe that when you sign a contract, you HONOUR that contract. Cormier signed his contract, he got paid what the contract stipulated. Guys who win the title are able to negotiate from a position of STRENGTH. Just ask Weidman. And if you think Cormier only got paid 90k for that fight, then you don't have a fucking clue.

He'd get a PPV %.

unless "PPV" share is previously written in his contract otherwise he wont get nothing. ONLY selective fighters get that (champs and a few other big names)

wtf? he was undefeated, one of the biggest UFC stars, and just fought in one of the most hyped and biggest main events ever and he only got paid 90k? that's pathetic. Aftet taxes and training costs he would barely get 30k in the hand.

are you retarded? there were multiple threads on this same topic pages long yesterday, this is an agreed upon amount and doesn't have any undisclosed bonuses and or ppv buys /thread

As opposed to the clueless Dana haters who shit on Dana and Zuffa no matter what they do?

I'm no zombie, son. But I'm a man. And I believe that when you sign a contract, you HONOUR that contract. Cormier signed his contract, he got paid what the contract stipulated. Guys who win the title are able to negotiate from a position of STRENGTH. Just ask Weidman. And if you think Cormier only got paid 90k for that fight, then you don't have a fucking clue.

So what do you say about someone like Lombard who gets asked to redo his contract for lesser amounts, even though both parties agreed to original terms? Shouldn't Zuffa just man up and pay him what they agreed to in the first place?

Too be fair the dollar is strong now though. He can buy many russian rubles

I sincerely hope he was paid more than his disclosed purse. If not I honestly dunno how ppl ever expect to make it in MMA unless u fight 5 times a year. That shoulda been at least a mil in the bank for Cormier and three times what he got for Jones

Well, fighters who want to make money SHOULD fight 4-6 times a year. That serves multiple purposes - first they make money, second they make the UFC happy, and third they burn through those early contracts quickly so that they can get better contracts. You don't even have to be that great to get an awesome contract. Look at Cowboy, 1.5 years ago he was outside the top 10, but he got paid well because he was exciting and now he is making massive bank.

fuck the contract. fighters make the ufc. the ufc don't make the fighters. very sad these guys are getting ripped off.

Again, fools believing that disclosed pay ALWAYS equals actual pay.

It is to laugh . . .

If you happen to get offered a title fight while working off the tail end of a low pay contract then that is just the way it is. Ufc has a long history of this happening.

Well let's say they sold 750k PPVs as predicted. That's about 40 million dollars in sales. Then you have a few more million from the gate.

If DC would've pulled out of that fight last minute, the card probly would've sold about 100k PPVs. That's about a 35 million dollar difference, so yea, if the ufc only paid him 90k, that's pretty pathetic.

I sincerely hope he was paid more than his disclosed purse. If not I honestly dunno how ppl ever expect to make it in MMA unless u fight 5 times a year. That shoulda been at least a mil in the bank for Cormier and three times what he got for Jones

Like not everyone can be champ. Lots of guys only get 1-2 really big fights. Hell most don't get any. So They ought to get paid for them. But noooooo they signed a contract and we want you to take this gigantic fight before we discuss a possible raise. It's rubbish. 90K to challenge for the number 1 belt in the number 1 MMA Org is just pathetic. Some Truck drivers earn more. No knock on truck drivers at all btw I'm just saying like god. Cormier shoulda been a truck driver $$$ wise. All MMA fighters Cept the champs could earn more money driving a trailer full of gasoline or luxury cars. Back up tackles make what Cormier did in a tenth of a football season.

You should see what people in the olympics are making it's disgusting.

He was on more to show than Cerrone, that's bullshit. Cerrone should be earning double what Cormier does

If you happen to get offered a title fight while working off the tail end of a low pay contract then that is just the way it is. Ufc has a long history of this happening.

I'm thinking this too.
But imagine him staying at HW, and earning a title shot there too.
I know him and Cain wouldn't fight and Cain being injured, wouldn't happen, but assuming it did happen, that's shit for a HW title fight.
BUT..that's what he would have probably gotten paid.

unless "PPV" share is previously written in his contract otherwise he wont get nothing. ONLY selective fighters get that (champs and a few other big names)

like overeem, lombard, alvarez?

we don't know what was negotiated specifically for this fight. noone can possibly think he only made 90k.

If you believe DC only walked away with 90k then you probably believe that Jones only walked away with 500k.

Remember when GSP cleared 400k according to the payrolls but was reported to make 5 mil a fight?

Back