Cormier is a 20-1 favorite in next fight, most one sided odds ever?

soccerkick666**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have heard of high odds such as 4 to 1, or even 10 to 1 in fedor fights. But never have I heard of 20-1 odds, that is ridiculous. What are some other fights that come to mind that have had 20-1 odds? or what is the second most?

I think 20-1 is the record for a zuffa fight... can't think of any other fight. Even Jones/Anderson/GSP fights rarely go over 10-1 and they tend to be the biggest locks.

Mendes vs Meza
Anderson vs Bonnar
Any fight on AXS TV fights.

Mendes comes close at -1650 but not quite big a favorite as Cormier. Probably second biggest favorite in the history of zuffa ( ? ).

Anderson was -1350 vs Bonnar.

Wow I can't believe Dion Staring fought Akira Corassani in 2007. Akira is a 145er

why is this fight even set up?

Pride.

If we are talking about all fights then I think Tyson/Douglas is the one or comes close. Anyone know the record of all time? ( whatever combat sport, k1, boxing, mma. )

No shit sherlock.

Where did it say no Pride fights?

Pride.

If we are talking about all fights then I think Tyson/Douglas is the one or comes close. Anyone know the record of all time? ( whatever combat sport, k1, boxing, mma. )

There are many fights every year that exceed 20 to 1 odds. Froch's recent fight against Yusaf Mack (who isn't a terrible fighter, by any means) exceeded 20 to 1 on some books.

Rin Nakai was -3300 against Mika Haragai

Alright I guess I was mistaken, I thought you were complaining that I chose a Pride fight.

I just wanted to point out we should separate Zuffa and the rest. You can pick any fight you like.

Let's be honest Zuffa does a good job of avoiding ZOMG mismatches. That's why I think it would be interesting to know the zuffa record & the record of all time.

Tyson/Douglas seems to be the winner so far, anyone got a bigger mismatch?

Edit: It seems like Cormier is the biggest favorite in Zuffa history

Note: The funny thing is, Douglas pulled off the upset.

Welcome to the UFC Discussion forum.

You mean the UFC Discussion for discussing UFC, WEC, and Pride events?

t4v88h.png

Welcome to the UFC Discussion forum.

What was Couture at versus Toney?

He wasn't that big of a favorite actually, lowest point was almost -700. Thought it was -1000. I guess people had higher hopes for Toney than I remembered, lol.

Back