Cormier is a 20-1 favorite in next fight, most one sided odds ever?

20-1 is flat-out stupid - virtually any experienced pro fighter has better than 20-1 odds to beat anyone in their weight class, IMHO.

Staring is only 34, has won 9 of his last 10 while on a six fight win streak, and (a while back) almost went three full rounds with lil Nog.

sorry...that doesn't equal a 20-1 underdog against ANYONE, IMHO, never mind Cormier (who is NOT the best in the division...not by a longshot).

20-1 is flat-out stupid - virtually any experienced pro fighter has better than 20-1 odds to beat anyone in their weight class, IMHO.

Staring is only 34, has won 9 of his last 10 while on a six fight win streak, and (a while back) almost went three full rounds with lil Nog.

sorry...that doesn't equal a 20-1 underdog against ANYONE, IMHO, never mind Cormier (who is NOT the best in the division...not by a longshot).

20-1 underdogs in prize fighting are not necessarily unusual. If you see a problem with the odds making, make some money.

May be worth to put down $50 on Staring.

Greatest odds to pay off ever.........2004 Euro Cup, a guy I knew placed $10,000 on Greece to win the Euro...odds before the cup were a 100 to 1. Well.....Greece won the Euro Cup

I just wanted to point out we should separate Zuffa and the rest. You can pick any fight you like.

Let's be honest Zuffa does a good job of avoiding ZOMG mismatches. That's why I think it would be interesting to know the zuffa record & the record of all time.

Tyson/Douglas seems to be the winner so far, anyone got a bigger mismatch?

Edit: It seems like Cormier is the biggest favorite in Zuffa history

Note: The funny thing is, Douglas pulled off the upset.

Christians vs lions?

People remember the Douglas BECAUSE he pulled off the upset. In 200+ years of boxing i'm sure there have been worse.

Greatest odds to pay off ever.........2004 Euro Cup, a guy I knew placed $10,000 on Greece to win the Euro...odds before the cup were a 100 to 1. Well.....Greece won the Euro Cup

I did the similar thing with North Korea vs what was it? France or something? (can't remember) in the last world cup just for jest. $20, made off with almost $1k.

Boxing very regularly has -1000 to -2000 odds on fights. MMA not nearly as much.

Here, just for the next two days:

Fri 1/11 Randy Caballero -3000
Luis Maldonado +1300

Sat 1/12 Adrian Hernandez -3000
8:00PM Dirceu Cabarca +1300

Did you really?

Adrien Broner has hit -5000 before, but that's boxing. I'm sure I've seen someone with a -3600 for MMA but I can't remember who. It wasn't Zuffa.

Back