Cormier-I'm not afraid to stand and trade with Hendo (new Pod w/ TJ Grant, Kaufman)

by stand he means "jab jab jab, right cross" then right into a TD attempt

there's no way cormier is stupid enough to really mean it. anyone who stands with hendo gets dropped. fact.

DC has absolutely nothing to fear from Hendo in any aspect of this gimme fight.

"I'm not afraid to stand with Hendo."

FAMOUS..LAST...WORDS.

My heart says Hendo, my brain says DC.

there's no way cormier is stupid enough to really mean it. anyone who stands with hendo gets dropped. fact.

Almost everyone

hendersonKO.gif

DC is on another level completely from any form of Hendo. Sorry :/

I really hope that he does, fight will be much more interesting.

How is this surprising? Dan has laughable striking, is old, slow, and doesn't even have a chin anymore.

DC can easily outpoint the old man for 3 rounds if he wants to. I hope he tries to knock him senseless instead.

Dan is chinny now plus he has old timers cardio. Cormier could just sit on top of him like Shields did or stand with him. Whatever he chooses.

Now 5-10 years ago woulda been a whole different ball game.

He's not "chinny" he still recovers very fast and does all the right things when hurt, which makes him hard to stop.

That's always been the case, it's not like he was never rocked when he was younger. Vitor could have done the same thing to the old Dan.

He's not "chinny" he still recovers very fast and does all the right things when hurt, which makes him hard to stop.

That's always been the case, it's not like he was never rocked when he was younger. Vitor could have done the same thing to the old Dan.

Yup. Dan has never had the best chin, if we define 'chin' as being able to eat endless punishment without being rocked/dropped, since he has been dropped plenty of times in his career. What he does have is some of the best recovery in the business. Guy doesn't turtle up and get finished--he recovers his wits really fast and gets up.

I think having great recovery is more impressive than a great chin, since the former probably has a lot to do with heart, while the latter has a lot to do with an innate ability to take damage.

If this stays standing it may be first one to land hard wins. I guarantee tho that if Hendo lands and hurts DC, he'll be looking to take him down after.

Back